• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 LightMeter

LightMeter

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2347 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy photography(of course)and I'm a gadget freak, especially if it can be used in photography.

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:21 AM

I've been wanting this light for over a year, so I ordered from B&H last night. I'm thinking it will be good for lighting small subjects such as my wristwatches, and experimenting with lighting other things. The rechargable battery and charger option costs more than the light itself, so I'm going to power it with rechargable AA's. My favorite feature is you can change the color temperature of the light by turning the dial.

https://www.bhphotov...camera_led.html

Bill

Still shooting DX digital and don't plan on going full frame.

D7100, red D5300, IR converted D300,  D40, D70s, Olympus C-5060 P&S from 2003, and a few 35mm film bodies

#2 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19738 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:07 PM

Congrats on the purchase of a new toy.

I am hoping this is more powerful than the one I purchased a year or two ago, cannot remember the brand off the top of my head.  I was disappointed with it.  You need a big expensive LED light to throw some good lighting on an object. I find the one I purchased works better as a flash light.

Let us know if this light performs as expected.

...................... 🎥 Just another Photography buff! 🎥 .....................

|_____________________________________________________|

#3 LightMeter

LightMeter

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2347 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy photography(of course)and I'm a gadget freak, especially if it can be used in photography.

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:19 AM

Hi Art. It's supposed to be here Monday. Hopefully it's as bright as I need it to be.

Bill

D7100, red D5300, IR converted D300,  D40, D70s, Olympus C-5060 P&S from 2003, and a few 35mm film bodies

#4 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19738 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:09 PM

Hi Art. It's supposed to be here Monday. Hopefully it's as bright as I need it to be.

Hope so, maybe they have improved them a bit.

#5 Herman

Herman

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9918 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, computers, flight simulation, nature, photography and travel

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:05 AM

Enough LED-lights there to light up a football stadium, Bill...

Enjoy!

:rolleyes:

Equipment: D810 | D300 | D50 | B700 | P5000 and some lenses.

Software: Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 + NIK Software Suite

My motto: To learn more today, than I knew yesterday!

#6 LightMeter

LightMeter

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2347 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:36 PM

Enough LED-lights there to light up a football stadium, Bill...

Enjoy!

:rolleyes:

Maybe an HO scale football field. In model railroading, HO is 1/87 scale.

Bill

#7 LightMeter

LightMeter

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2347 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:12 AM

I played with the light today. It uses 2 sets of LEDs-each at the extreme end of the color temp scale.It can be powered by an optional rechargable battery, but I just use 6 rechargable AAs to power it.  You can adjust the knob from 3200k-5500k to adjust the color of the light. It's pretty bright at close distances, up to about 4 feet. t also has a removable diffusion filter that softens the light a bit. It came with little ballhead that mounts in the camera's hot shoe. But I don't think I'm going to be using it on the camera. I'll mostly use it on a tripod. In the last photo I'm thinking I can simulate window light by reflecting it off a white towel I mounted to the shelves. When I get some watch pics using the light I'll post.

Attached Files

Bill

#8 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19738 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:12 PM

Nice, yours is different from mine. Might give you more light.

#9 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 22695 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:17 PM

Cool Bill! Its much larger than the one I have!

Jim

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

D700 w/MB-D10, D605 w/MB-D14, D200 w/MB-D200, D50, Coolpix P330.

Nikon 1 stuff: Nikon V1, Nikkor 10mm f2.8 pancake w/HN-N101 & HC-N101, Nikkor 10-30mm f3.5-5.6 w/HB-N101 Aspherical VR,, Nikkor 18.5mm f1.8 w/HB-N104, Nikon 1 FT-1, SB-N5 w/Polaroid Diffuser .

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D, Nikkor 18-35 f3.5-4.5 AF-D ED.

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Sigma 24-70 f2.8 EX DG HSM, Tamron's SP 70-200 f2.8 LD Di IF/Macro BIM, Kenko Pro 300 1.4 TC DGX, Tokina 100 f2.8D Macro At-X.

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#10 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:49 AM

Congrats, Bill.  

Yours is similar to the one that I have, but I see that you can control the temperature setting.  :)

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#11 LightMeter

LightMeter

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2347 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 04:07 AM

Here are some quick ones taken with the light.

Attached Files

Bill

#12 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:32 PM

Here are some quick ones taken with the light.

Nice, Bill.  Especially the first one.  :)

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users