• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 photojazz

photojazz

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19639 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photography, , More Photography, More Photography and now the Philadelphia Eagles.

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:09 PM

Hope this is the right place to ask?

Anyway, are there any MAC USERS dual booting woth Winblows....oops sorry Windows?

If so, easy to set up, better to set up on 27iner or MacBookie? Can it be taken off after my reason for installing it terminates?

The suck with a cold ..PJ wants to know.

PhotoJazz - Just Capturing Life
PlanetNikon Member 141

I photo-shoot with film, digital and medium format cameras, which includes the following:
Nikon D605, D200, F4E, F5, FE2 (Black & Silver), EM
Mamiya C330 Professional, M645 1000s, RB67
Bronica ETRSI

iPhone 8+
And I have some lenses.

Additional: Video editing with Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro X 10.4 and LumaFusion

C&C Is Always Welcome!!

#2 justshootit

justshootit

Deep Space Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4310 posts
  • Interests:Event photography, candids, getting photos of people at their best.

Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:36 PM

Question - do you want to be able to instantly switch between operating systems or are you okay with booting into one or the other?  The first requires Parallels and enough RAM, processor power, and SSDI space to run Parallels, High Sierra, and Windows simultaneously.  The second requires Bootcamp (built in to MacOS) and is simpler and less resource intensive.

I haven't done it in several years, but Bootcamp is pretty easy from what I'm reading.  You might also want to install Windows on an external HD (see 2nd link below).

https://www.imore.co...r-mac-boot-camp

https://9to5mac.com/...al-drive-video/

Don
==========================================================
Digital: D610 backed up by a D1x.  Quoted from an unknown source by a fellow planeteer, "Never get rid of a working D1x." I've got to agree.

Film: N90s, F3, F100, F4s, C330s. A few lenses.

Why film photography? I like shooting with the equipment. 6x6 Velvia slides from a C330 have an appeal all their own.

Why automated 35mm/Digital cameras? Event photography is about capturing moments. It often requires quick response. Well done automaton can be your friend or your enemy. It all depends on knowing what it can and can't do. "A man's got to know his (camera's) limitations." paraphrasing Dirty Harry...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users