• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis

Dennis

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15702 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:24 PM

Gives me something to do.

Attached File  _DS40743-Edit-1.jpg   280.36KB   0 downloads

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group, NPS member.

Nikon Z7 (My wifes, but I'm allowed to use it once a quarter), Z6, D4, D850, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#2 Gary Worrall

Gary Worrall

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6688 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:09 PM

You did well Dennis,

printed on canvas would sell

Excellent capture

.......Gary

- I have a photographic memory but never got it developed -

#3 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 24011 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:10 PM

Love it well done Dennis! How do you feel?

Jim

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

Nikon P900 Nikon P330

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#4 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 15702 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:33 PM

Love it well done Dennis! How do you feel?

Jim

Well, I'm within the two weeks of surgery. I have some powerful pain meds, that I have been taking for a long time. I had to stop them at the beginning of July because it has the possibility to interfere with the surgical medications. It's been a painful 8 days, and I still have to wait until the 20th. In fact, I have been stopping some of my other med's as well. It not safe for me to drive. so, I have to depend on rides. We (me and Cindy) have been busy getting the house in order for me to be down for at least 3 weeks. However, they tell me that hip surgery will be great, and I maybe moving sooner rather than later. the hip replacement will be anterior, which heals faster. I even setup an automatic challenge for August, It should pop up without me having to actually log in. so, there are a few more things to get setup, and still doing the office thing until the 19th. 

And thanks all, I have been print a few of these on canvas, for a showing later this year.  I hope they will bring in some cash.

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.

Nikon Z7 (My wifes, but I'm allowed to use it once a quarter), Z6, D4, D850, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#5 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21791 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:21 AM

Dennis,

The painted image is excellent.  Well done.

Hope your surgery goes well.  If it is of any comfort, I have a friend who had his hip done.  He was a new man after the surgery!  He has no regrets and functions near 100%.  His only limitations that I can tell are, his doctor told him not to go jumping off any garage roof tops or participate in certain sports activities that may damage the joint.  Otherwise, he is simply delighted, compared to what it was like before.

Sorry to hear you are in discomfort while waiting, not much longer to go!  All the best.

Signature_Line_V4

#6 Old Dog New Tricks

Old Dog New Tricks

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8381 posts
  • Interests:Scenic & Nature Photography, Travel, Cooking, Kayaking, Grandson and Granddaughter.

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:27 AM

A co-worker of Deb's had a hip replaced and went back to participating in Ironman Triathalons, against Drs. orders.  Good Luck.

Posted Image

"Photography is man's attempt at immortality. To save our memories and share them. The places we have been, the people we have known, the things we have done. To share with others for eternity, or until the images fade away."

Shooting with
Film Nikon N60, N70(2), EM, Mamiya C-330, C-33, RB67
Digital Nikon D7100 D7000, Nikon D200(RIP), Fuji S3Pro(Retired)

#7 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 15702 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:56 AM

Thanks everyone, that is what I have been hearing. I got my backpacks ready to go. I'm going to get some hiking sticks as an added precaution. the real bummer has been the lack of photography. Not too many folks want to drive in the hills. I was planning on going to Mt. Evens this weekend, but, I had to cancel, even though one can drive most of the 14,271 ft, that last small hike to the summit, just couldn't do it. Which turn out to be a good thing, the summit road is closed due to snow and road erosion. 

• Art likes this

Thanks, Dennis.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.

#8 Gary Worrall

Gary Worrall

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • 6688 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:35 AM

Sorry if I have asked before, but is that  Windows software?

I had been keeping the old CC PS in the system for the paint option but I started getting glitches so eventually uninstalled it

Buying Apple Final Cut Pro shortly, so I guess I should slow a little on purchases!  :)

I'm getting pretty good with PS brushes now so I might try and do a painting manually

......Gary

#9 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 15702 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:48 AM

Sorry if I have asked before, but is that  Windows software?

I had been keeping the old CC PS in the system for the paint option but I started getting glitches so eventually uninstalled it

Buying Apple Final Cut Pro shortly, so I guess I should slow a little on purchases!  :)

I'm getting pretty good with PS brushes now so I might try and do a painting manually

......Gary

It's Topaz Impressions: http://www.topazlabs.com/impression   works on both windows or mac. I start in PSCC 2015 and add impressions and pother brush and textures. Impression has "squiggly lines" something like oil painter in the older PS.

Thanks, Dennis.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.

#10 Gary Worrall

Gary Worrall

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • 6688 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:17 AM

Tks Dennis,

got it bookmarked this time,

In Australia, Apple FCP X is going to cost me $380 so one thing at a time I guess, 

or two, had to buy an L plate for the D4s, or three, and a spare battery,  :) and its never ending :(

I give this to RRS, the service and product is the best

how they get the products to Australia so fast I'll never know, I'm sure they must be using F18s

.......Gary

#11 Herman

Herman

• Moderators
  • 10613 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, flight simulation, computers, nature, photography & travel

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:20 AM

Nice one, Dennis!

Wishing you all the best with the surgery...

:)

Equipment: D810 | D300 | D50 | B700 | P5000 and some lenses.

Software: Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 + NIK Software Suite

My motto: To learn more today, than I knew yesterday!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users