No replies to this topic

#1 Luis V.

Luis V.

Planet Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1813 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:18 PM

The moderatorship has been tossing around the idea of whether or not to close this section for some time. We did the same thing with "Critique my Photo". We've decided to finally take the steps close this section. I would like however to stress, the closing of this section is not with the intent of eliminating the posts here but rather to have those posts move to other sections. Some details and the main reasons are:

- Redundancy: Many of the photos posted here do fall into one of the other sections of the forum such as Wildlife Photography, Portraiture, Scenics, Stock, Astro, Wedding, Sports, etc. etc. It makes the forum needlessly longer when you have more than one section to take a certain type of photo.

- Confusion: These sections are essentially the same as the other sections. Photos are many times critiqued and/or simply discussed in the more specific sections as well. As such, some members have voiced some confusion as to where to post a photo for comment. Posting photos in the more specific sections will, many times, get more subject specific discussions and tips/tricks.

- Feedback Quantity and Quality: While we love the excellent feedback our membership provides for its peers, we feel posting in the specific sections will improve the feedback more. The main reason is specialization. Some members have let us know that they many times overlook the Critique section and go to their own favorite section. As a result some wonderful photos may be overlooked by some members.

Now, some last comments. We are not deleting all those excellent posts made over time in the Color Images section. Quite the contrary. What I will do is move some of the more recent topics into the appropriate sections and the discussions can continue there. There will be a link directing you to where it has moved. The older posts, we'll either move as time goes on or we will leave them in an archive of some sort. It has also been mentioned that there may still be some photos that don't fall into the groups we currently have. We are looking into that and will have a solution very quickly.

In a similar fashion, we did the same with the "Critique My Photo" section. That too was a rather wide "catch all" and we feel the same points apply there.

As always, thanks to everyone that posts and shares their images. It is truly a wonderful thing and makes our slice of the internet a wonderful place to participate in. Please continue to share as you always have!

If there are any questions or concerns, please, let the moderatorship and/or me know and we'll gladly address it.

Thanks,

Luis V.Nikon D800/D2X/D200/D100Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8 AFS | 24-70mm f/2.8 AFS | 70-200mm f/2.8 AFS VR-II | 200-400mm f/4 AFS | 50mm f/1.4D | 85mm f/1.4D | 105mm f/2.8 Macro

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users