• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21341 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:10 PM

I went to visit a friend today, I believe he is a PN member as well, Randy Barba.  Randy is a fellow Nikon user.  He invited me over to check out his new lighting system.

Godox AD 200.  He has 3 of these, I believe, maybe 4.  I was very impressed! VERY!

They are 200 Watts each and you can put two together to give you 400 Watts! and, portable and rechargeable.

Check out the image below of yours truly!  This is pretty much straight out of the camera except for sharpening and reducing the circles around my eyes a bit.  Original is Landscape, I decided to make it a Portrait orientation instead.

We used 3 lights....

400 watts on the left

200 watts on the right

200 watts flashing on the back drop behind my head, I am pretty sure there were barn doors on this unit.

D850

Nikkor 85mm f1.4G

64 ISO

f8

1/250s

I need to do some research on these, but this system seems amazing and it is not expensive.  With Black Friday coming  ..... might be something to consider!

Look forward to your comments.  Anyone have any experience with these flash units?

Attached File  Art---GODOX.jpg   289.56KB   0 downloads

Model is a professional, kids, please don't try this at home! :P

Photo Credit:  Randy Barba

Signature_Line_V4

#2 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21341 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:31 PM

I am NOT posting this because I think it is a great deal on AMAZON.

I AM posting this, to show you the flash unit.  Shop it around if you are going to consider it.

I am waiting for some sort of Black Friday deal somewhere, if I decide to go with these, or the more powerful units.

https://www.amazon.c...=A3P9EAC3KD93H7

Signature_Line_V4

#3 Wheatsack

Wheatsack

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7074 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 09:12 PM

Very cool Art... 'professional'..wow how much do you charge :P :D

Peter................................................ f8....and be there....

#4 justshootit

justshootit

Deep Space Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4282 posts
  • Interests:Event photography, candids, getting photos of people at their best.

Posted 30 October 2018 - 09:35 PM

They also have the AD400 Pro which has TTL, HSS, and a very bright modeling light. There's a separate head coming for the AD400 Pro that will allow you to use it like a pack and head system. Mount the head on the top of the stand and put the body of the flash 6 feet below it where it can be used like a sandbag.
  • Art likes this
Don
==========================================================
Digital: D610 backed up by a D1x.  Quoted from an unknown source by a fellow planeteer, "Never get rid of a working D1x." I've got to agree.

Film: N90s, F3, F100, F4s, C330s. A few lenses.

Why film photography? I like shooting with the equipment. 6x6 Velvia slides from a C330 have an appeal all their own.

Why automated 35mm/Digital cameras? Event photography is about capturing moments. It often requires quick response. Well done automaton can be your friend or your enemy. It all depends on knowing what it can and can't do. "A man's got to know his (camera's) limitations." paraphrasing Dirty Harry...

#5 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21341 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:06 PM

Very cool Art... 'professional'..wow how much do you charge :P :D

I am cheap and easy .... :lol:

Signature_Line_V4

#6 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21341 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:07 PM

They also have the AD400 Pro which has TTL, HSS, and a very bright modeling light. There's a separate head coming for the AD400 Pro that will allow you to use it like a pack and head system. Mount the head on the top of the stand and put the body of the flash 6 feet below it where it can be used like a sandbag.

I heard about this, very intriguing!!  I may spring for one of these on Black Friday, pending a good deal.

Signature_Line_V4

#7 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7313 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:08 PM

Nice shot, Art.

I recently bought a pair of GODOX SK-300's, along with the light stands, umbrellas and a softbox.  Very handy, so far.  :)

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#8 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 23656 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:46 PM

Wow they are impressive Art, but no matter how good the equipment the photographer is still the key!

Jim

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

Nikon P900 Nikon P330

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#9 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21341 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 07:42 AM

Nice shot, Art.

I recently bought a pair of GODOX SK-300's, along with the light stands, umbrellas and a softbox.  Very handy, so far.  :)

Thanks, Mark.

Godox makes so many studio light models it is hard to stay on top of it. If you can, you should do a review of the lights for us.  I would greatly enjoy that.

Signature_Line_V4

#10 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21341 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 07:43 AM

Wow they are impressive Art, but no matter how good the equipment the photographer is still the key!

Jim

No doubt, but I have to say, the equipment you use certainly helps to give you an edge, if you know how to use it.

Signature_Line_V4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users