• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21425 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 15 August 2018 - 01:45 AM

Some more of the race.  I cannot get enough of motorcycle races.  I just love this event.  I may start traveling to other Cities to do this, just to see more races.

Enjoy.  All taken with the Nikon D5 and Nikkor 200-400 VRII. Many of these images are hand held!  My arms were ready to fall off at the end of the weekend.

Enjoy, again, feel free to critique any image of the race that I have posted and feel free to ask any questions.

I welcome the critique.

This, is my favorite image, probably of the entire weekend.

Attached File  CTMP_4370.jpg   226.32KB   0 downloads

From various corners around the track....

Attached File  CTMP_2154.jpg   258.23KB   0 downloads

Attached File  CTMP_3477.jpg   246.94KB   0 downloads

Attached File  CTMP_5212.jpg   293.35KB   0 downloads

Attached File  CTMP_2842.jpg   252.15KB   0 downloads

Attached File  CTMP_3538.jpg   252.27KB   0 downloads

Attached File  CTMP_3556.jpg   205.38KB   0 downloads

Attached File  CTMP_3898.jpg   224.34KB   0 downloads

Attached File  CTMP_5468.jpg   276.17KB   0 downloads

Attached File  CTMP_5886.jpg   226.15KB   0 downloads

Attached File  CTMP_5476.jpg   259.66KB   0 downloads

Attached File  CTMP_5965.jpg   232.37KB   0 downloads

Attached File  CTMP_6637.jpg   249.43KB   0 downloads

Attached File  CTMP_6448.jpg   252.19KB   0 downloads

Attached File  CTMP_5738.jpg   274.34KB   0 downloads

Signature_Line_V4

#2 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 15406 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 15 August 2018 - 08:38 AM

They are great. I can not choose. You should make a poster of a few of these. and give it to the track. I'm sure they would appreciate and hang it where all can see.

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group, NPS member.

Nikon Z7 (My wifes, but I'm allowed to use it once a quarter), Z6, D4, D850, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#3 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7395 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 15 August 2018 - 12:04 PM

Critique? 

I think this is another outstanding series, Art.  I also agree with Dennis' suggestion.  :)

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#4 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21425 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 15 August 2018 - 12:13 PM

You guys are too easy on me!

Dennis, it is an excellent suggestion ... But ....  <_<

the Media Centre is very nicely decorated with huge B&W images from races and racers of the past.  And, they have an official track photographer.  That would be an awesome gig to have!!

There is a real circuit and sub-culture around racing I never really realized.  There are some very serious fans of racing!  Not sure I quite understand it, but I have gotten a little addicted myself.

RV is KING if you are a serious fan.  They are everywhere to be found across the park.  Some small, some very, very serious Motorhomes!  And, these guys know the ropes.  Wood, decks, fencing, chairs, canopies, it is jaw dropping impressive.  These guys must go to a ton of races.

What is supposed to be an eye opener is the Truck Racing crowd.  I will not be attending that race coming up in two weeks, although I am tempted.

You guys should try it.

Signature_Line_V4

#5 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 15406 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 15 August 2018 - 12:22 PM

I'm sort of getting somewhat thinking about shooting cars. Never did it. Now that I got a little sports car, got it for a steal. I have been looking around to see if we have motocross. I know there are a lot of bike tracks, dirt. the only race track we have around closed it doors to the circuit. Something to look into. I want to be able to go shoot some of the high school football, as that is now starting up. Might be sending you a note about that.

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group, NPS member.

Nikon Z7 (My wifes, but I'm allowed to use it once a quarter), Z6, D4, D850, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#6 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21425 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 03:53 PM

Dirt Bikes are a messy business! Get gear covers or you will be sorry!
Signature_Line_V4

#7 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 23693 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 15 August 2018 - 06:01 PM

Art all your shots or lopsided no one is riding upright!   :ph34r:  :blink:  :P  Well you said we are to easy on you.

Great stuff Art, my favorite is the one with the Mobil 1 sign in the background.

Jim

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

Nikon P900 Nikon P330

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#8 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21425 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 09:21 PM

Thanks, Jim.

This is the furthest part of the track from the Media Centre where the track goes steeply up into the turn, straightens just a bit, then turns again into a long straightaway!

If you pick the right spot, you can get some really dramatic shots with that sign in the background.

This track has lots of good photo op locations, it’s just a killer to get around from place to place due to elevation, distance and heat!
Signature_Line_V4

#9 CaseyJM

CaseyJM

Planet Guardian Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:Paramedic by trade, Photography by passion, Hunting, Fishing (Bass - bucket mouth or Bronze Backs) Target Shooting, World of Warcraft (my personal getaway), Firearms wood stock refinishing, Action movies

Posted 16 August 2018 - 04:47 AM

Fantastic series they look great

_DSC8728-2_zpsxeu0azby.jpg

Nikon D500, Tokina 11-16 F2.8 AT-X Pro, Sigma 17-50 F2.8 EX DC OS, Sigma 70-200 F2.8 APO EX DG OS, Tamron 150-600 F/5.6-6.3 Di VC G2, 
Nikon SB-600, Pro-Master GH-25 Gimbal, Pro-Master 528 Tripod[/font][/color]

#10 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • 7395 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 16 August 2018 - 12:32 PM

Art all your shots or lopsided no one is riding upright!   :ph34r:  :blink:  :P  

I'm amazed that the bike doesn't slide out from under them when they lean over like that.  Physics at work?  :)

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#11 Wheatsack

Wheatsack

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • 7113 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 02:51 PM

Am amazing series Art.... were they all the D5..? how do you think the 850 would handle the job..would the focus be quick enough ?

Peter................................................ f8....and be there....

#12 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21425 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 02:40 AM

Thanks, Jerome and Peter.

Mark,

The bikes did slide out from 3, that I saw.  It was pretty brutal when it did. They have round tires and I am sure they are special rubber so they stick pretty good. On the hole, saw very little wobble if any, these tires hold the road.

Peter, the D5 was used almost exclusively.  Why?  

1) wanted to really test it

2) 12 fps... holy!!

The D850 would hold its own at 9 fps, I would have just upped the ISO and shutter speed, I am sure it would have sufficed.  I am getting pretty good at this, I would have locked the focus on earlier and just husbanded pulling the trigger until they where closer.

Signature_Line_V4

#13 winclk

winclk

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1917 posts
  • Interests:Photography and Grandkids

Posted 21 August 2018 - 10:36 AM

Nice series, Art...

Robin

Amateur Photographer--Hoping to upgrade my status one day

#14 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21425 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 02:50 PM

Thanks, Robin.

Signature_Line_V4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users