71 replies to this topic

#61 ericbowles

ericbowles

Planet Guardian Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:16 AM

The buildup seems like waiting for Christmas - with a changing date.

The funny thing is I've been on hold and not making any camera gear purchases while I wait for the formal announcement and availability.  I've been ready to buy it for a year - sight unseen and without specs.  But I don't have a compelling need for any lens upgrades, and the D850 lines up perfectly with my needs.  I expect there will be some accessories that hit my wish list.

Eric Bowles

Bowles Images

www.bowlesimages.com

Join my Workshops and Tours - Workshops and Private Instruction 

#62 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5851 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:17 PM

Eric, if I hadn't bought the D810 two years ago, I would be right there with you.  However, I'm focusing on glass and lighting stuff at this time.  The D810 still works for me.  Funny, when the time came to upgrade from the D80, somehow, I just realized it.  I'm pretty sure that will eventually happen, but not for some time.

Art and Jim, I share your hopes for a smooth roll-out.  Nikon has raised expectations so high that any small glitch could result in an epic marketing nightmare.  :unsure:

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#63 nwcs

nwcs

Planet Citizen Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:39 PM

I'm still anticipating the D850 as well but I'm really not sure I'll buy it now. It may just be too much camera for my available time. I need a rich benefactor. Any volunteers?

#64 justshootit

justshootit

Deep Space Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts
  • Interests:Event photography, candids, travelogues, aircraft photography.

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:57 PM

I'll second the rich benefactor and raise you a $500,000,000 Powerball ticket LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :D :D

Seriously, I have to start making come cash with my D610 and D1X before I can even think of buying a new camera.  <_<

Edited by justshootit, 19 August 2017 - 06:57 PM.

Don
==========================================================
Digital: D610 backed up by a D1x.  Quoted from an unknown source by a fellow planeteer, "Never get rid of a working D1x." I've got to agree.

Film: N90s, F3, F100, F4s, C330s. A few lenses.

Why film photography? I like shooting with the equipment. 6x6 Velvia slides from a C330 have an appeal all their own.

Why automated 35mm/Digital cameras? Event photography is about capturing moments. It often requires quick response. Well done automaton can be your friend or your enemy. It all depends on knowing what it can and can't do. "A man's got to know his (camera's) limitations." paraphrasing Dirty Harry...

#65 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • 5851 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:52 AM

I'm still anticipating the D850 as well but I'm really not sure I'll buy it now. It may just be too much camera for my available time. 

That's a very different, and very valid way, of looking at it.  I won't bore everyone with the details, but I've had some experiences that bear this out.  It just led to frustration and resentment.  You'll know when the time is right.  :)

Mark

D810
Various lenses

#66 nwcs

nwcs

Planet Citizen Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:26 PM

Exactly. It's why on the nikonian boards I was "famous" for buying the 200-400 a couple of times. My eyes are sometimes bigger than my time/opportunities. I may wait to see what happens after the D850 comes out. Maybe snag an even cheaper D750 or D810.

#67 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • 5851 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:18 AM

How many times have we heard this?

https://nikonrumors....-36-hours.aspx/

Any bets on whether or not this is the real thing?  :)

Mark

D810
Various lenses

#68 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18990 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted Yesterday, 11:35 AM

How many times have we heard this?

https://nikonrumors....-36-hours.aspx/

Any bets on whether or not this is the real thing?  :)

I believe ... REAL THING.

Why?

The 100th Anniversary NPS event is Sept 7.  I believe, this kicks off the 100 image thing they did across Canada.  I believe they will showcase new cameras there as well.  It is a gathering of Pro's and this is a pro level camera.  It would be a completely squandered opportunity if it wasn't timed to coincide with this.

My money is on NIKON to deliver! 

GO TEAM NIKON!!

:D Cheering Section! :D

...................... 🎥 Just another Photography buff! 🎥 .....................

|_____________________________________________________|

#69 nwcs

nwcs

Planet Citizen Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:30 PM

It's going to happen. With the Nikon events already out there it's time to do it. It kind of matches the timeline from D5 (or was it D4?) development to announcement.

#70 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 18990 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted Yesterday, 03:47 PM

New LEAKED press release:

https://nikonrumors....se-leaked.aspx/

#71 nwcs

nwcs

Planet Citizen Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:09 PM

Yep. All the details revealed except price.

#72 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 18990 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:26 PM

Do I hear .... 1 Kidney and part of your liver?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users