• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20867 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 17 July 2015 - 01:30 PM

Since passing a few rolls of film through my F6, I have been bitten by the film bug.  Not sure how long this will last, but currently, I have my F5 locked and loaded and hauling that around almost everywhere looking for an image!!

I have a grip coming in any minute for my F100, will load that up too!!  Will toss one into the F6 again, and... I am starting to feel like a Nikon Press Fotog of old!

As I was rummaging through my stuff, I realized!!! YIIIKES, I have accumulated a lot of STUFF!  Here is my inventory, from best to worst...  feel free to POST YOURS!  In a few weeks, I will also be posting the results of my travels with film!

Attached File  Nikon_F6.jpg   277.56KB   0 downloads

The F6 is simply an amazing camera.  Balanced, has almost everything my D800 has and the feel is, believe it or not, better!  Beautiful camera, by far, my favorite!

Attached File  Nikon_F5.jpg   317.53KB   0 downloads

The F5 is a Tank! I like it, but it feels like a tank!

Attached File  Nikon_F100.jpg   345.7KB   0 downloads

F100 with Grip!!

Attached File  F100+Grip.jpg   302.64KB   0 downloads

The F100 looks and feels like the F6, but not as well made.  This is a great kick-about-town camera.  Capable, nimble and equally up to the challenge. No longer missing, the Battery Pack Drive!  Tried it out and it is balanced and FAST!!  The F100 feels like an awesome camera.  Will lock and load shortly, waiting from Nikon for a new rubber grip!  Can hardly wait.  Nikon has informed me, they no longer service the F100 as of last month! Great!! Hopefully, they can get the part.

Attached File  Nikon_FM2n.jpg   280.25KB   0 downloads

One of those impulse purchases I made.  The Nikon FM2. Nice, mechanical, solid.  Never used it yet!

Attached File  Nikon_F.jpg   267.78KB   0 downloads

The Nikon F automatic reflex!  A little collector piece a friend of mine gave me!  Haven't run a roll through it.  Not sure I ever will.  I think this is circa 1959?

Attached File  Nikon.jpg   310.88KB   0 downloads

Another number a buddy passed over to me!  Nikon F2! Love the look!  Big, unwieldy tank.

Some lesser models!!
Nikon EM - doubt I will run a roll through it.  Inexpensive, light, cheap feel to it.

Attached File  Nikon_EM.jpg   279.36KB   0 downloads

Nikon N2020 AF

Attached File  Nikon N2020.jpg   288.98KB   0 downloads

Definitely will never try this puppy out.  Another gift from a buddy.

Please, feel free to comment and include your own collection of film cameras.  I hope to inspire you to get the film bug as well!

Signature_Line_V4

#2 Herman

Herman

• Moderators
  • 10253 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, computers, flight simulation (Airbus series), nature, photography and travel

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:53 PM

Nice collection you have there, Art!

Have fun!

• Art likes this

Equipment: D810 | D300 | D50 | B700 | P5000 and some lenses.

Software: Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 + NIK Software Suite

My motto: To learn more today, than I knew yesterday!

#3 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20867 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:58 PM

Thanks, Herman.

Currently, enjoying the company of my F5, loaded with Fuji Superia 200 ASA/ISO.

Enjoying every minute! :)

I am toying with the idea of setting up my darkroom again.

Have to see if my GraLab timer still works.  I still have my trays, enlarger, timer, red light, film canister etc.  I have a room in the basement with a sink and running water!! Soooo tempting....

Paper and chemicals and I am back in business doing Black and White prints on Ilford paper.

Signature_Line_V4

#4 480sparky

480sparky

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 05:49 PM

Resistance was futile.  You have been assimilated.  smiley_green_borg.gif

Edited by 480sparky, 17 July 2015 - 05:50 PM.

Don't mind me..... I'm just out roaming around between Zone II and Zone IX.
Imagination Images of Iowa

#5 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20867 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 06:42 PM

Resistance was futile.  You have been assimilated.  smiley_green_borg.gif

:D

I am a film guy, from day 1.  Here is my story:

http://www.planetnik...load#entry90431

I used to love working in my darkroom at home, when I was a kid.  That never leaves you.  Paper and Chemicals are readily available in Toronto.  Just hope the equipment still works and I may get back into printing B&W.

Signature_Line_V4

#6 480sparky

480sparky

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:31 PM

:D

I am a film guy, from day 1.  Here is my story:

http://www.planetnik...load#entry90431

I used to love working in my darkroom at home, when I was a kid.  That never leaves you.  Paper and Chemicals are readily available in Toronto.  Just hope the equipment still works and I may get back into printing B&W.

Year preachin' to the choir, sonny!

• Art likes this
Don't mind me..... I'm just out roaming around between Zone II and Zone IX.
Imagination Images of Iowa

#7 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20867 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:37 PM

Year preachin' to the choir, sonny!

Oh, I know, Sparky, no worries about that!! :D
Signature_Line_V4

#8 LightMeter

LightMeter

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2470 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy photography(of course)and I'm a gadget freak, especially if it can be used in photography.

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:29 PM

Nice collection. I've been recently been shooting more film since I started developing my own B&W 3 months ago.

• Art likes this

Bill

Still shooting DX digital and don't plan on going full frame.

D7100, red D5300, IR converted D300,  D40, D70s, Olympus C-5060 P&S from 2003, and a few 35mm film bodies

"I support capital punishment. Everyone in the capital should be punished".---Fred Sanford(Redd Foxx)

#9 Keith M

Keith M

Planet Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:02 PM

this will give you the year your F was made.

http://www.destoutz....ion_data_f.html.

Funny I think the F2 is some what small and light LOL

• Art likes this

"First we have to make you pretty"

Pixels are like beans, it doesn't matter how many you put in the pot, it's how well you can cook that counts.

#10 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 23383 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:42 AM

Nice Art!

Jim
  • Art likes this

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

Nikon P900 Nikon P330

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#11 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20867 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:30 AM

this will give you the year your F was made.

http://www.destoutz....ion_data_f.html.

Funny I think the F2 is some what small and light LOL

Thank you, THANK YOU!!!!! :) :) :)

Signature_Line_V4

#12 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 23383 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:21 PM

Nice info Keith thanks for the link!

Jim

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

Nikon P900 Nikon P330

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#13 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20867 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:07 PM

Nice collection. I've been recently been shooting more film since I started developing my own B&W 3 months ago.

I have mentioned this before, but I am seriously looking at setting up my darkroom again.  Next time I visit my dad, I may pull the remainder of my gear out of their!  If I do, it is academic!

Signature_Line_V4

#14 photojazz

photojazz

• Moderators
  • 19614 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photography, , More Photography, More Photography and now the Philadelphia Eagles.

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:21 PM

Nice pics bro.....nice cams...Photog Bro... :)

• Art likes this

PhotoJazz - Just Capturing Life
PlanetNikon Member 141

I photo-shoot with film, digital and medium format cameras, which includes the following:
Nikon D605, D200, F4E, F5, FE2 (Black & Silver), EM
Mamiya C330 Professional, M645 1000s, RB67
Bronica ETRSI

iPhone 8+
And I have some lenses.

Additional: Video editing with Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro X 10.4 and LumaFusion

C&C Is Always Welcome!!

#15 LightMeter

LightMeter

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2470 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy photography(of course)and I'm a gadget freak, especially if it can be used in photography.

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:59 PM

How do you like the N2020? I have it's close cousin N2000 and it's a capable body-many good features.

Bill

Still shooting DX digital and don't plan on going full frame.

D7100, red D5300, IR converted D300,  D40, D70s, Olympus C-5060 P&S from 2003, and a few 35mm film bodies

"I support capital punishment. Everyone in the capital should be punished".---Fred Sanford(Redd Foxx)

#16 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20867 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:18 AM

Bill,

I have never used it and probably never will. A buddy gave me that body. It is just part of my collection!
Signature_Line_V4

#17 justshootit

justshootit

Deep Space Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4251 posts
  • Interests:Event photography, candids, getting photos of people at their best.

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:22 AM

Art,

Believe it or not, I think the N2020 has better AF than the N4004. It's a fun camera - you might want to run some film through and see what happens...

D
Don
==========================================================
Digital: D610 backed up by a D1x.  Quoted from an unknown source by a fellow planeteer, "Never get rid of a working D1x." I've got to agree.

Film: N90s, F3, F100, F4s, C330s. A few lenses.

Why film photography? I like shooting with the equipment. 6x6 Velvia slides from a C330 have an appeal all their own.

Why automated 35mm/Digital cameras? Event photography is about capturing moments. It often requires quick response. Well done automaton can be your friend or your enemy. It all depends on knowing what it can and can't do. "A man's got to know his (camera's) limitations." paraphrasing Dirty Harry...

#18 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20867 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:05 PM

Don, and Bill....

Thanks for the heads up....

Never...say never. May load her up one day to try it out. Thanks for the tip.
Signature_Line_V4

#19 wlchandler

wlchandler

Planet Citizen Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:Besides shutter snaps, I am a avid angler(especially Fly Fishing. Fly tying. Hiking, Tennis Weight Lifting etc.

Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:49 PM

Art I have gone back to shooting film. I now have several film cameras. Multiples of some. Too cheap to pass up. A few more to get. I want an F2 and maybe an Fm2N. Also a medium format camera. Possibly a large format. I still use the digital cameras. But love the look of film, always have I guess.

• Art likes this

Nikon D7000                                                                              

Nikon F-4

Nikon N90

Nikon Nikkor 20 mm 2.8 AF-d

Nikon Nikkor 50mm 1.8 AF                                                 

Nikon AFS f3.5/5.6 18-55 GII

Nikkor 135 mm 2.8 AI

Nikkor 200mm f/4 AI

Nikkor 300 mm F/4.5 AIS

Nikon AF 60 mm micro f/2.8

Nikkor AF 70-210 f/4-5.6

Nikkor AF 75-300 f/4.5-5.6

Nikkor 105mm micro f/4 AI

Vivitar 120-600 f/5.8-8 MC AI

Vivitar AF 100-400 F/4.5-6.7 Series one

Nikon 105mm 2.5 AI

Nikon Nikkor 105mm f2.5 P-C AI

Nikon Nikkor 50mm f1.4 AI

Nikkor 135 mm 3.5 AI'D

Nikkor Series E 50mm 1.8

Nikon Nikkor 35-80 f/4-5.6d

Nikon 50mm 1.8 AF-D

Nikon  Nikkor 28mm series E

Nikon Nikkor 35 mm AIS

Nikon Nikkor 20 mm AF-d 2.8

facebook- Shutter Blade Images

email-planetnikon62@gmail.com

GO COAST GUARD!!

#20 justshootit

justshootit

Deep Space Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4251 posts
  • Interests:Event photography, candids, getting photos of people at their best.

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:10 AM

I've got a load of velvia in the F100. Gotta finish it off some time in mid-August. I'm trying to get a handle on the exposure on this camera as it seems to like to underexpose. Currently I'm bracketing up from the metered exposure.

I still say that the best flash combination for photojournalsm is the N90s and SB-26. The F100 requires a lot more fiddling in fill flash mode. From what I understand,CW metering is best here lest the system underexposes the shot.

I don't always see eye to eye with KR, but on this one I think he's right

http://www.kenrockwe...on/f100Flsh.htm
  • Art likes this
Don
==========================================================
Digital: D610 backed up by a D1x.  Quoted from an unknown source by a fellow planeteer, "Never get rid of a working D1x." I've got to agree.

Film: N90s, F3, F100, F4s, C330s. A few lenses.

Why film photography? I like shooting with the equipment. 6x6 Velvia slides from a C330 have an appeal all their own.

Why automated 35mm/Digital cameras? Event photography is about capturing moments. It often requires quick response. Well done automaton can be your friend or your enemy. It all depends on knowing what it can and can't do. "A man's got to know his (camera's) limitations." paraphrasing Dirty Harry...

#21 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20867 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:26 PM

Art I have gone back to shooting film. I now have several film cameras. Multiples of some. Too cheap to pass up. A few more to get. I want an F2 and maybe an Fm2N. Also a medium format camera. Possibly a large format. I still use the digital cameras. But love the look of film, always have I guess.

I love film for many reasons.  I honestly believe it is easier to manage your photographs, now worries about Drives Failing, Cloud Storage and the on going costs associated with managing the image data.  It is really becoming a pain in the ..... !

Film?

Simple.  Photo Album.  Negative Sleeve Album.  Done.

I much prefer film.

Yes, digital has so many advantages, but the issues associated with the management of the image data almost outweigh any advantage. 

I am going to start taking more and more film images again.  Big trip planned tomorrow.... will have my D800, my J4 and my F5 along for the ride!

F I L M !!!! B)

Signature_Line_V4

#22 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20867 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:27 PM

Don,

Thanks for the LINK and the info, greatly appreciated. All good information to know!

:)

Signature_Line_V4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users