• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Old Dog New Tricks

Old Dog New Tricks

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8381 posts
  • Interests:Scenic & Nature Photography, Travel, Cooking, Kayaking, Grandson and Granddaughter.

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:50 AM

Digi.Film, <_< To be geographically correct you would see me for the Last of the Mohicans Tour. That was set in the Adirondack foot hills/Mohawk Valley region of New York. There is a town named for James Fenimore Cooper, ( all baseball fans know that). :) (Yes there are mountains in NY). In the Smokies you would be closer to the Cherokee Trail of Tears. :( I have been to GSMNP twice and long to return. ODNT
Posted Image

"Photography is man's attempt at immortality. To save our memories and share them. The places we have been, the people we have known, the things we have done. To share with others for eternity, or until the images fade away."

Shooting with
Film Nikon N60, N70(2), EM, Mamiya C-330, C-33, RB67
Digital Nikon D7100 D7000, Nikon D200(RIP), Fuji S3Pro(Retired)

#32 DigitalDarrell

DigitalDarrell

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3520 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:40 AM

What was the shooting conditions and post processing done to the second one DD?

The second image is of Tremont in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. This is a famous semi-circle cascade that I have seen in books on the Smokies. I went looking for it a year or two ago and found it. This particular image was taken during the ANPAT of 2006 (Nikonians.org), where I was privileged to be the tour leader.

It is not processed very much. It is a multi-second exposure. I added a bit if saturation to the reds in the image, but other than that there is very little post processing.

It was shot with my D2X and the humble AF-S 24-120mm VR lens.
Best regards,
Darrell Young (Digital Darrell)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Better too many words than not enough understanding." - Darrell Young
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bodies
: Nikon D810, D800, D750, D600, D2X, COOLPIX A, D100, F80, FM, EM, Olympus OM-D E-M1, Olympus OM-D E-M10
Lenses
: AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED, AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G, AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Special Edition (for Df), AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G VR (x2), AF-S Nikkor DX 16-85mm f/3.5-4.5G VR, AF Nikkor 80-400 f/4.5-5.6D ED VR, AF Micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8, AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR, AF-S Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR, AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D, AI Nikkor 35mm f/2, AI Nikkor 50mm 5/1.8, AI Nikkor 50mm 5/1.8 Series E, AI Nikkor 105mm f/2.5, AI Nikkor 200mm f/4, Non-AI Nikkor-S 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 10-20mm EX f/3.5-5.6, M.Zuiko 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 lens, M.Zuiko PRO 12-40mm f/2.8 ED
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Accessories:
Nikon SB-910 Speedlight, Nikon SB-900 Speedlight, Nikon GP-1 GPS, Nikon ME-1 Microphone, Eye-Fi Wireless Cards, Atomos Ninja Blade External HDMI Video Recorder, Atomos Ninja-2 External HDMI Video Recorder, Atomos Samurai Blade External Video Recorder, Manfrotto Tripods, Markins M-10 Ballhead, Lots of camera bags, Metz 24 AF-1 Flash, Olympus FL-600R Flash, Olympus HLD-7 Battery Grip
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member of:

Nikon Professional Services (NPS), Professional Photographers of America (PPA), North American Nature Photography Association (NANPA), Founding Member of Nikonians Writers' Guild (www.Nikonians.org), Charter Member (year 2000) of Nikonians.org

#33 Digi.Film

Digi.Film

Planet Basic Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:42 PM

Digi.Film,

<_< To be geographically correct you would see me for the Last of the Mohicans Tour. That was set in the Adirondack foot hills/Mohawk Valley region of New York. There is a town named for James Fenimore Cooper, ( all baseball fans know that). :) (Yes there are mountains in NY). In the Smokies you would be closer to the Cherokee Trail of Tears. :(

I have been to GSMNP twice and long to return.

ODNT

Cliff, I always liked geography!! :P I thought the movie was filmed in the Carolina's. This is what I get whilst attempting to post when fatigued from lack of sleep (I'm a bit of an insomniac). I connected the two because the movie location as I thought it was and the Smokies are both in the south.

Edited by Digi.Film, 07 September 2007 - 11:44 PM.

#34 DigitalDarrell

DigitalDarrell

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3520 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:12 PM

What was the shooting conditions and post processing done to the second one DD?

Funny you should ask, since I just deleted the second one. It was accepted by a large Rights Managed stock agency, so I could not leave it up here. :(
Best regards,
Darrell Young (Digital Darrell)
"Better too many words than not enough understanding." - Darrell Young
Bodies
: Nikon D810, D800, D750, D600, D2X, COOLPIX A, D100, F80, FM, EM, Olympus OM-D E-M1, Olympus OM-D E-M10
Lenses
: AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED, AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G, AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Special Edition (for Df), AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G VR (x2), AF-S Nikkor DX 16-85mm f/3.5-4.5G VR, AF Nikkor 80-400 f/4.5-5.6D ED VR, AF Micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8, AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR, AF-S Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR, AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D, AI Nikkor 35mm f/2, AI Nikkor 50mm 5/1.8, AI Nikkor 50mm 5/1.8 Series E, AI Nikkor 105mm f/2.5, AI Nikkor 200mm f/4, Non-AI Nikkor-S 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 10-20mm EX f/3.5-5.6, M.Zuiko 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 lens, M.Zuiko PRO 12-40mm f/2.8 ED
Accessories:
Nikon SB-910 Speedlight, Nikon SB-900 Speedlight, Nikon GP-1 GPS, Nikon ME-1 Microphone, Eye-Fi Wireless Cards, Atomos Ninja Blade External HDMI Video Recorder, Atomos Ninja-2 External HDMI Video Recorder, Atomos Samurai Blade External Video Recorder, Manfrotto Tripods, Markins M-10 Ballhead, Lots of camera bags, Metz 24 AF-1 Flash, Olympus FL-600R Flash, Olympus HLD-7 Battery Grip
Member of:

Nikon Professional Services (NPS), Professional Photographers of America (PPA), North American Nature Photography Association (NANPA), Founding Member of Nikonians Writers' Guild (www.Nikonians.org), Charter Member (year 2000) of Nikonians.org

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users