• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19572 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:36 AM

Check these out!

This is a Boat Launch.  Typically, you can walk down the ramp to the water line about 2 feet DOWN!  I have taken some pictures in the past from here of ducks and I have even walked out to the MIDDLE of the Creek you see that is currently flooded!

We had somewhat similar rain in 2013... that was an eye opener!  You can see some images of that storm here:

http://globalnews.ca...valley-parkway/

Attached File  Rain-Storm_02.jpg   349.73KB   0 downloads

On the Lakeshore driving home from the convention centre.  Dropped my wife off again this morning.

Attached File  Rain-Storm_01.jpg   201.15KB   0 downloads

Another Boat Launch

The water here has just started going over the top of the platform!

Attached File  Rain-Storm_04.jpg   277.56KB   0 downloads

Just a visually pleasing shot of some of the millions of Condo Towers springing up around Toronto like WEEDS!

Attached File  Rain-Storm_05.jpg   381.8KB   0 downloads

All taken with my Nikon 1 J4 and 10-30mm standard lens this morning.

...................... 🎥 Just another Photography buff! 🎥 .....................

|_____________________________________________________|

#2 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 14333 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:16 AM

I like the new watermark. How was the buying process and how much say did you have on the results??

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group

Nikon D4, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#3 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19572 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:37 AM

I like the new watermark. How was the buying process and how much say did you have on the results??

Thanks Dennis,

Let's see, I scratched my typical "initial something" on a scrape piece of paper....
Photographed it with my iPhone...
Opened it in Photoshop and played with it a bit...
Added "Photography" and "Copyright"....

5 minutes of work.
Can't decide yet if I like it enough to run with it.

I think these run $40 To $60 if you have them done professionally.

#4 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6168 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:47 PM

First of all, stay safe, Art.  We saw the news reports last night.  Puts my whining into perspective.

Yesterday was the warmest day of the year.  We even had a Severe Thunderstorm watch.  However, Seattle got the worst of it.  Trees down everywhere, 50 MPH winds and 40,000 people without power.  The system dissipated just as it reached the border.  Lucky us.

I recently took a stab at revising my watermark.  Watched a few videos and spent a couple of hours on it.  Amazing what you can do with PS Smart Objects.  Pretty basic, but it will work for now.  I'm going to try to come up with something more creative this summer.  :)

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#5 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19572 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:15 PM

Thanks, Mark.

I was down by the water earlier.  Rivers are a disaster.  Fast moving and high.  No big deal... I avoid them in conditions like this by a country mile.  The roads are OK, not a big deal.  Drivers are typically idiots in Toronto, lived here long enough to drive cautiously.  As the Condos go up in number however, so too, do the TORONTO-IDIOTS. Life in the big City.  

Lake Ontario is a phenomena.  I have never seen it this high.  No winds to speak of today, so there is nothing dramatic going on other than a high water level.  Toronto Island is going to suffer if the water goes up a bit more!  They have no place to go but off the Island.  The Don Valley Parkway, if the river  crests its banks, will be in trouble and commuters will face a disaster going home.  They will decide the fate of the DVP at 3:00 and maybe shut it down if it looks like it will flood.  And, rightly so, if you see what happened last time.  Not much you can do.

I live in the West end, we are pretty much high and dry, so to speak.  The only real danger I would face is high winds, which would knock trees down.  Trees are my biggest problem.

So, other than one more trip into the City to get my wife at 4:30, then tomorrow... repeat.... I should be good.  

Currently, a steady rain, but nothing to worry about.  I think the big concern too is the ground is very waterlogged.  This creates issues with pooling as water has no where to go.  The worst in terms of volume is still ahead of us, lets hope it too is uneventful.

Cross your fingers!  :)

#6 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19572 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:32 PM

Regarding the Watermark, I like these signature ones.  I suspect the guy doing them must have a special penmanship skill because I have seen no FONTS that even come close.  Really, it is worth $40-$60 if you have the right name!  The First and Last name have to have a balance of sorts, not a lot of P's and T's and J's and letters that drop in the middle of the name.

My name is tough.  "Art" is too short.... "Lupinacci" is too long and it is weird in a sense, when you put them together.  I have been working on this for about a month.  Then I just said, run with my Chicken Scratch Initial thing I do with Art and started playing with that.

These signature things are not hard to do.  The Scripting is the problem because you have to find a FONT that works.  OR, you write it out yourself.

If you do, do it on WHITE paper with BLACK INK.  Snap the pic with your cell  phone, upload into PS, do extreme contrast and brightness adjustments and you have a template.  Use the select and fill tools then fill with color in a different layer and you have your core SIG.  Then, you can just TYPE IN photography, copyright etc.

Here are some samples of the different things I try.  The black and yellow circle is my current official look.  Just playing with the SIG watermark right now.

Attached File  Sig-Samples.jpg   261.49KB   0 downloads

#7 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19572 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:45 PM

Dennis,

Try this guy:

https://photologo.co/gallery/

I think, that is his handwriting, or someone who works for him.  Your name is balanced, your signature will look pretty good.

You fill in the blanks, I am not sure how much say you have.

Check it out.  This is the guy I was going to use until I tried it.  I don't have the right type name so I don't like it enough.

#8 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 14333 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:48 PM

I was looking at that site. My writing is poop, so I was thinking about this guy.

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group

Nikon D4, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#9 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19572 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:55 PM

I was looking at that site. My writing is poop, so I was thinking about this guy.

Yea, mine too!  My handwriting is embarrassing.  As a kid, I was left handed.  They "MADE ME" right handed.  Disaster.  

It's not a lot of money and I think yours will turn out really nice.  Dennis Smith is balanced.  He will play on the D and the S and it should work.  

A nice watermark on a classy website really makes an impression.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users