• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18527 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:16 AM

Hi Everyone....

Introducing:

The PlanetNikon Photographer

With acknowledgement to PN Member CaseyJM, who first posted we should do a book!  I was inspired by the concept, but I considered a book to be too ambitious for the moment. I spoke with Jim, and other members of the Admin and Moderating Team as well as Jim speaking with Darrell Young.

We all agreed to give this publication a try.  E-Publication!

The purpose of this project is as follows:

1) To make you all FAMOUS!  I think we have an amazing group of talented people here and my hope is to use this publication to market you, and to market our wonderful forum. We have so many talented people posting some amazing images on PN, it would seem a shame not to spread the love around the internet.

2) To market the Forum.  This will be a first for Photography Aficionado forums, as far as I know.  I have no idea of any other forum that publishes anything to showcase their talent! The hope is, we draw talented people to our forum who will want to contribute and make this place even better.

3) Have some fun doing it.  We don't know if we will do 1 issue, 5 issues or 1000 issues but I hope to do 1,000 or more.

36-48 pages, or more.  Once the format is down, it should not be that hard.  The first one will be the hardest.  After that, it sets the template and we should be off to the races.

4) We will publish in PDF format and try to keep it under 100mb.

5) FACEBOOK will be a good place to start to give it away free to anyone who joins the PlanetNikon Photographer Forum.  You can download there, but you CANNOT SUBMIT IMAGES unless you are a member in good standing here!

See the pinned post for rules.

6) Have some fun and bring excitement to the community here!  A change of pace from the regular, which is a blast, but this should energize us even more!  Everyone loves a good project.

So, please use this forum to discuss anything you like about the concept and the first issue.  I will open other folders for image submission consideration and any other folder we may need.  Each issue will have its own folder.

My suggestion, read the PINNED POST first.... then comment here.   A lot of simple questions may be answered there and we can get right down to brass tacks here.  I am happy to answer ALL QUESTIONS, so please ask, participate and ......

LET THE PARTY BEGIN:lol:

Attached File  Issue#1_Cover.jpg   381.3KB   0 downloads

SignaturePic_zpsfmrwh4ny.jpg

#2 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 18527 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:58 PM

Facebook!

I know some people have an aversion to Facebook, I resisted for years.  However, it has vastly improved over the years and you may wish to consider opening an account for photography.

If you have a Facebook account, or you want to join in on the PN Photographer group, the link is:

https://www.facebook...27466460679207/

#3 Leaviathan

Leaviathan

Planet Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Musician-bass, guitar, piano, lap steel, percussion. Audio Engineer-software & hardware platforms.

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:45 PM

I joined up, you can throw me into the rookie section :D

Nikon D-3300 18-55 VRII, 1971 Nikkor 135mm Q-Auto, Tamron 70-300 AF. Not much! But I'm working on mastering what I do have.

#4 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 18527 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:49 PM

Rookie, got it!!

:lol:

#5 Islander

Islander

Planet Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:29 PM

Joined!  Great idea!

GORDON

p1092005242.png

Nikon D800, D300, D200, D70

500mm F4, 80-400VR

12-24DX, 24-70 F2.8FX, 18-70DX, 16-85DX, 16-35FX

and a bunch of other stuff...

#6 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 18527 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:32 PM

Well, there goes the Neighborhood!  :P

I am approving guys... Gordon, Lea, Jim, Jason, Peter, Cliff, Dennis, Herman and a few more I forget off the top of my head .... IN!

You are good to go.

#7 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 21815 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:09 PM

Approving Jim hmm the Facebook is doomed!  :blink:  :blink:  ;)

Jim

• Art likes this

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

D700 w/MB-D10, D605 w/MB-D14, D200 w/MB-D200, D50, Coolpix P330.

Nikon 1 stuff: Nikon V1, Nikkor 10mm f2.8 pancake w/HN-N101 & HC-N101, Nikkor 10-30mm f3.5-5.6 w/HB-N101 Aspherical VR,, Nikkor 18.5mm f1.8 w/HB-N104, Nikon 1 FT-1, SB-N5 w/Polaroid Diffuser .

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D, Nikkor 18-35 f3.5-4.5 AF-D ED.

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Sigma 24-70 f2.8 EX DG HSM, Tamron's SP 70-200 f2.8 LD Di IF/Macro BIM, Kenko Pro 300 1.4 TC DGX, Tokina 100 f2.8D Macro At-X.

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#8 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 18527 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:03 PM

Easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy!

#9 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 18527 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:06 PM

OK, so as we get rolling, I am going to need to know who wants their images put in this publication.

You can vie for:

3 Photographer Showcase.... lots of images (3 spots open per issue)

1 Photographer Spotlight .... 3-5 images ( a good 10 spots or more per issue)

Individual Gallery images..... lots and lots of spots for individual images, but typically, only 1 photo accepted per photographer

Tip or How Two Article.... you might have to wait to get yours in an issue.

Start to think....I want to take images to get in the publication.  Many of you already have an excellent library to get started with.

#10 Islander

Islander

Planet Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:28 AM

I'm up for anything you need, just let me know.

GORDON

p1092005242.png

Nikon D800, D300, D200, D70

500mm F4, 80-400VR

12-24DX, 24-70 F2.8FX, 18-70DX, 16-85DX, 16-35FX

and a bunch of other stuff...

#11 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 18527 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:18 AM

Gordon, I was hoping you would step up....

How about we do a Showcase on you with some of the Travel Pics and any favourites you may have?

Read the guidelines, if you have a website I can pick from, even better.

Thanks for stepping up.

#12 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5596 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:57 AM

Okay, Art.  I applied.  The ball is now in your court!  :)

I wanted to show my support for this early, but it is going to be next week, before I can do anything else.  :rolleyes:

Facebook?  I already link to many of you through my personal FB account.  However, I recently attended an on-line photography marketing webinar (Creative Live) where we were told that FB is the elephant in the room for photographers:  just too big to ignore.  Might take another look at setting up a separate FB account for photography alone.   :rolleyes:

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#13 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 18527 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:25 PM

Mark, I checked your Facebook application.  I don't see it.

Try again.  I approved a bunch of people this morning, as of this post .... NO Mark!

#14 Leaviathan

Leaviathan

Planet Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Musician-bass, guitar, piano, lap steel, percussion. Audio Engineer-software & hardware platforms.

Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:13 PM

I am approving guys... Gordon, Lea, Jim, Jason, Peter, Cliff, Dennis, Herman and a few more I forget off the top of my head .... IN!

You are good to go.

I added a local lady. Laurel, she has a D7100 and wants to get more serious about photography.

Nikon D-3300 18-55 VRII, 1971 Nikkor 135mm Q-Auto, Tamron 70-300 AF. Not much! But I'm working on mastering what I do have.

#15 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 13751 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:38 PM

I added a local lady. Laurel, she has a D7100 and wants to get more serious about photography.

Have her join here as well.

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group

Nikon D4, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#16 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 21815 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:54 PM

Have her join here as well.

Art let me know her screen name if she joins she will be approved PDQ! :D

Jim

Nikon 1 stuff: Nikon V1, Nikkor 10mm f2.8 pancake w/HN-N101 & HC-N101, Nikkor 10-30mm f3.5-5.6 w/HB-N101 Aspherical VR,, Nikkor 18.5mm f1.8 w/HB-N104, Nikon 1 FT-1, SB-N5 w/Polaroid Diffuser .

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D, Nikkor 18-35 f3.5-4.5 AF-D ED.

Sigma 24-70 f2.8 EX DG HSM, Tamron's SP 70-200 f2.8 LD Di IF/Macro BIM, Kenko Pro 300 1.4 TC DGX, Tokina 100 f2.8D Macro At-X.

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#17 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 18527 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:56 PM

Mark, you are in.  Just approved.

Wow, busy day with approvals... 17 people have signed up!

#18 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 18527 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:58 PM

Jim,

Laurel Gage Almquist

I don't know what screen name she will use, but sure, if I know, will forward.

I am going through my LIST of people I know with Nikon cameras and will invite them to the FB group and then see if I can get them to join here. I know a few people from my Photography course I keep nudging to join.

Spread the word!

#19 CaseyJM

CaseyJM

Planet Citizen Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Hunting, Fishing

Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:07 PM

HI Art

I'm in i will get some images together

Jerome

Nikon D7200, Tokina 11-16 F2.8 AT-X Pro, Sigma 17-50 F2.8 EX DC OS, Sigma 70-200 F2.8 APO EX DG OS, Tamron 150-600 F/5.6-6.3 Di VC G2, Nikon SB-600, Pro-Master GH-25 Gimbal, Benro - TRA168

#20 Leaviathan

Leaviathan

Planet Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:12 PM

Jim,

Laurel Gage Almquist

I don't know what screen name she will use, but sure, if I know, will forward.

I am going through my LIST of people I know with Nikon cameras and will invite them to the FB group and then see if I can get them to join here. I know a few people from my Photography course I keep nudging to join.

Spread the word!

I mentioned the forum to her as well, she's on vacation but will come in when she gets back and gets settled in

#21 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 18527 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:14 PM

I mentioned the forum to her as well, she's on vacation but will come in when she gets back and gets settled in

Excellent, she is more than welcomed. 

Thanks for referring her, I am sure she will enjoy the experience.

#22 CaseyJM

CaseyJM

Planet Citizen Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Hunting, Fishing

Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:29 PM

Art do we send the images directly to you ?? I see it states there will be a folder not sure where it is located.

Edited by CaseyJM, 02 May 2017 - 03:32 PM.

Nikon D7200, Tokina 11-16 F2.8 AT-X Pro, Sigma 17-50 F2.8 EX DC OS, Sigma 70-200 F2.8 APO EX DG OS, Tamron 150-600 F/5.6-6.3 Di VC G2, Nikon SB-600, Pro-Master GH-25 Gimbal, Benro - TRA168

#23 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 18527 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:51 PM

Art do we send the images directly to you ?? I see it states there will be a folder not sure where it is located.

For now, email me...

Art.Lupinacci AT SIGN 

At Sign.... @ .... sorry, just to stop the spam bots from getting the address.

gmail.com

#24 photojazz

photojazz

• Moderators
  • 19204 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photography, , More Photography, More Photography and now the Philadelphia Eagles.

Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:47 PM

You are good to go.

You forgot me....PJ, PJski, PhotoJazz, PhotoJ, PhotoJazzski....just joking. :P

PhotoJazz - Just Capturing Life
PlanetNikon Member 141

Member of the following organizations:

American Society of Media Professionals

Fairmount Photo Club

NYI PhotoWorld Magazine

Photographic Society of Philadelphia

Philadelphia Photo League (PPL)

I photo-shoot with film, digital and medium format cameras, which includes the following:
Nikon D605, D200, F4E, F5, FE2 (Black & Silver), EM
Mamiya C330 Professional, M645 1000s, RB67
Bronica ETRSI

And I have some lenses.

C&C Is Always Welcome!!
New website coming soon!

#25 photojazz

photojazz

• Moderators
  • 19204 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photography, , More Photography, More Photography and now the Philadelphia Eagles.

Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:47 PM

I am in..

• Art likes this

PhotoJazz - Just Capturing Life
PlanetNikon Member 141

Member of the following organizations:

American Society of Media Professionals

Fairmount Photo Club

NYI PhotoWorld Magazine

Photographic Society of Philadelphia

Philadelphia Photo League (PPL)

I photo-shoot with film, digital and medium format cameras, which includes the following:
Nikon D605, D200, F4E, F5, FE2 (Black & Silver), EM
Mamiya C330 Professional, M645 1000s, RB67
Bronica ETRSI

And I have some lenses.

C&C Is Always Welcome!!
New website coming soon!

#26 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 21815 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:05 PM

Me too! :D

Jim

#27 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 18527 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:16 PM

Here is a finished sample of how Gordon Howe's SPOTLIGHT is going to look!

Attached File  6-_Issue#1_Gordon-Howe.jpg   440.97KB   10 downloads

Attached File  7-_Issue#1_Gordon-Howe.jpg   403.63KB   8 downloads

Attached File  8-_Issue#1_Gordon-Howe.jpg   391.08KB   11 downloads

Attached File  9-_Issue#1_Gordon-Howe.jpg   412.09KB   0 downloads

#28 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 21815 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:24 PM

Oh wow that is fantastic Art!!!!!!

Jim

• Art likes this

#29 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 18527 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:59 PM

NEED SOME BLACK AND WHITE IMAGES!!

Looking for 7 .... send me 5x7's

Opportunity for 7 of you to get an image in here.

Sample page....

Need the data like the example below:

Title (try to keep these short)

Your name

Camera

Lens at what setting if zoom

Shutter

F stop

ISO

Portrait or Landscape......

I will do 2 per page and they can be either orientation.  If I need one specifically, I will request it.

Just like example below;

Attached File  10-_Issue#1_B&W-1-SAMPLE.jpg   197.86KB   0 downloads

#30 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 21815 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:10 AM

Here's mine.  I'm working on a 5x7 crop right now! :D Fixed!

Jim 

Attached File  DSCN0625-2.jpg   164.99KB   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users