• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19358 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

Are you happy with the monthly Challenge or would you like to see another format? Currently, it is designed to just get you to post images primarily to keep the dust off the camera. Would you like to see it turn into a contest monthly contest?

...................... 🎥 Just another Photography buff! 🎥 .....................

|_____________________________________________________|

#2 Old Dog New Tricks

Old Dog New Tricks

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8205 posts
  • Interests:Scenic & Nature Photography, Travel, Cooking, Kayaking, Grandson and Granddaughter.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:55 AM

Contest denotes prizes. Where would they come from? I think that we are getting a good response now. If it ain't broke... Cliff
Posted Image

"Photography is man's attempt at immortality. To save our memories and share them. The places we have been, the people we have known, the things we have done. To share with others for eternity, or until the images fade away."

Shooting with
Film Nikon N60, N70(2), EM, Mamiya C-330, C-33, RB67
Digital Nikon D7100 D7000, Nikon D200(RIP), Fuji S3Pro(Retired)

#3 Lscha

Lscha

Planet Guardian Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

Competition is more interesting. Prizes are not necessary and a month is too long to hold my attention. JMHO!! :rolleyes: (this from someone who won't buy green bananas either). LOL!
Laura
Posted Image
18mm-55mm
55mm-300mm
My link
My other link

#4 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6081 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

Contest denotes prizes. Where would they come from? I think that we are getting a good response now. If it ain't broke...

Cliff

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#5 Flyer

Flyer

Planet Citizen Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Adobe Photoshop,computers, and travel

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

I think that the way the Challenge is now is just fine, and in saying that maybe just a little more narrow in the challenge subject criteria. What do the rest think about that?

#6 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19358 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

Yiiikes, how did this folder open up?? :o I don't recall starting two folders on this subject.

#7 Flyer

Flyer

Planet Citizen Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Adobe Photoshop,computers, and travel

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

Yiiikes, how did this folder open up?? :o I don't recall starting two folders on this subject.

I just initially was gong to vote in the poll and this is what opened up when I clicked on the poll folder. Then went back to the polls and saw the actual poll voting folder and voted there.
John

#8 Gary Worrall

Gary Worrall

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6688 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

Hi Art, Firstly, thank you for supporting this post, So many have been motivated by this post, even me! ;) I would say, perhaps, pick a winner, And they get a "star" alongside there avatar each time they win Also, the winners can enter in the next months post but have to wait a month to win the next star More thought needed for this but that's a start Regards, Gary

Edited by Gary Worrall, 11 October 2012 - 11:09 PM.

- I have a photographic memory but never got it developed -

#9 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19358 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

There doesn't have to be Prizes. I don't care to win a mouse pad, T-Shirt etc. It could simply be an electronic prize, as Gary suggests, a start under your AVATAR. PN has a very, VERY basic Forum setup. Some sites are extremely elaborate and track posts, give medals etc. These are all upgrades you can do to a site to make it interesting and encourage more member participation. It is a bit gimmicky, but it can also be fun and add some colour. Colour makes people more interested and you get more participation and more members. Laura, I think you are used to the Weekly Challenges! ;) They are fine provided the people who Monitor them are on top of it and are consistent. I would find doing a Weekly a Challenge in itself. A month gives most people lots of time to get something together. Again, the goal is to give everyone a chance to participate. On the Weekly Challenges, I seldom enter unless I happen to have something going or co-incidentally have the opportunity to shot a picture because I remembered the Challenge. Right now, my photography is limited to the weekend only and only if the weather co-operates!

#10 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19358 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:12 AM

Darrell, Can the posts in this folder be merged into the posts in the POLL folder. I have no idea how this folder got setup! Sorry, most likely an accident on my part. Two folders on the same topic is not productive, especially since there are some good discussions here as well! Thanks, sorry for any inconvenience.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users