• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fotofill

fotofill

Galactic Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3491 posts
  • Interests:I have been blessed to have a wonderful family that permits my activities doing photojournalism.

Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:12 PM

I had a plan of from where I was going to shoot this. People got in my way just before they came down the aisle. Then, the PA announcer said no flash photography.  I ran the ISO up real quick and zoomed the 24-70 to 24, and fired a way.

What you say?

Attached Files

• Art likes this
Sports and photojournalism
http://www.fotofill.net

#2 Leaviathan

Leaviathan

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1416 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Musician-bass, guitar, piano, lap steel, percussion. Audio Engineer-software & hardware platforms.

Posted 30 March 2019 - 06:56 AM

I think they should stick with M-1 Garands or M-14's for this kind of stuff, wooden stocks just look better!  The color looks good, there's the obvious face shadows because of the no flash request, other than that it looks good to me!

Nikon D-3300 18-55 VRII, 1971 Nikkor 135mm Q-Auto, Tamron 70-300 AF. Not much! But I'm working on mastering what I do have.

#3 pendennis

pendennis

Planet Citizen Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:Photography -nature, still life, architectural. Shooting sports - shotgun, rifle, pistol.

The body politic.

Posted 30 March 2019 - 10:46 AM

I think they should stick with M-1 Garands or M-14's for this kind of stuff, wooden stocks just look better!  The color looks good, there's the obvious face shadows because of the no flash request, other than that it looks good to me!

M-1's are especially dressy when the stocks are hand-finished.

In my Navy days, we used chromed 03-A3's for our drill team rifles.  We each custom-finished our own stocks.  Tru-oil was the finish of choice.  We also made bayonet scales from broken stocks to replace the original bakelite scales.

Best,

Dennis

#4 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21757 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:28 AM

From my vantage point, images look good.

Have to agree with the M-1 comments. Perfect for parade.
Signature_Line_V4

#5 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7792 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 30 March 2019 - 12:41 PM

Nicely done, given the conditions.

I agree with the M-1 comments.  That was a ceremony; not a SWAT incident.  :)

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users