5 replies to this topic

#1 Ron W

Ron W

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6988 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:50 AM

Harbour-Island-Panorama1.jpg This shot is from the same location as the one below, just taken with a different lens. This one was shot at 14 mm. It still didn't allow me to get much of the channel in the picture, but more than the previous one. Incidentally, the channel that you see is actually straight, the stitching together of 4 separate images causes the distortion. This was shot early New Years Eve from the 18th floor of the Grandview condo. D3X Nikkor 14-24 lens

www.ronwooldridgephotography.com

#2 chaswes5

chaswes5

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8473 posts
  • Interests:Macs, photoshop, portraits and photographing ordinary life. I enjoy taking candid shots then developing them into something more than a snap shot.

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

This is a beautiful shot. Every time I see one of your shots of today's Tampa, my memory takes me back to 1967-1968 Tampa. What a different place. Thanks for posting these.
Charles Wesley

Nikon D800 and D700 and some lenses. Sony NEX 7 with 18-55 Kit Lens.

“When you photograph people in color, you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in Black and white, you photograph their souls!” ― Ted Grant I try never to fool myself that just pointing a camera at something makes it art. Or that snapping the shutter makes me an artist."

Don Giannatti

Gallery:http://wesleyphotography.zenfolio.com/

#3 Dennis

Dennis

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14880 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:19 AM

Do you want it curved? Maybe a 24 and 8 shots, 4 for the bottom half, 4 for the top half?

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group, NPS member.

Nikon D4, D850, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#4 Ron W

Ron W

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • 6988 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:46 AM

Do you want it curved? Maybe a 24 and 8 shots, 4 for the bottom half, 4 for the top half?

I don't want it curved Dennis, but I don't think that there's any way around it from this location. I'm using a Really Right Stuff pano head and the head has to be level, so there;s no tilting the camera down or up. There's a lot that I don't know about taking and processing panos, so I am open to suggestions.

#5 Dennis

Dennis

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14880 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:49 AM

Dave black photography... something to keep in the book marks. He has this write about doing this, without panning the head. He creates a pano from 3 large frames (d3) and describes the process here; http://www.daveblack...n-something-new I would think there might be an updated version by now. But the idea is to move the tripod, not sure you have room for that. And instead of landscape, I pretty sure he used portrait orientation for the 3 shots to make a landscape orientation. If you space is tight, I think that 4 down, and 4 up, just moving the tripod and then stitch might help. He is doing the grand canyon, but, I think the process is there and can be modified for this. I did a test of this process, pic was not worth saving, just a house. But I did a 4x4 and it did work out well. Enough for me to book mark this process as I have this one site I want to try this on. It just closed right now for restoration, at least, where I want to be.

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group, NPS member.

Nikon D4, D850, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#6 Ron W

Ron W

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • 6988 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

Dennis, I looked at Dave Black's website. He is incredible. Thanks. I've tried using the camera in the portrait orientation and like doing that, and if the subject matter is far off it works fine, but I find that the distortion is even worse that way in this shot. Plus, I have the balcony railing to contend with.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users