#1 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8059 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 21 July 2019 - 12:21 PM

Nikon Rumours has a guest post by a gent who visited Chernobyl and surrounding area, last Fall.  Nice story about the city itself, and the Ukraine in general.  :)

https://nikonrumors....px/#more-136695

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#2 LightMeter

LightMeter

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2797 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy photography(of course)and I'm a gadget freak, especially if it can be used in photography.

Posted 30 July 2019 - 01:48 AM

Thanks for posting. l want to visit Pripyat someday.

Bill

Still shooting DX digital and don't plan on going full frame.

D7100, D40, Canon M50, and a few 35mm film bodies

"I support capital punishment. Everyone in the capital should be punished".---Fred Sanford(Redd Foxx)

#3 Wheatsack

Wheatsack

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • 7585 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 02:29 AM

A great story Mark.... yep the real people in the world are all the same... just want to live quietly and get on with each other...

Peter................................................ f8....and be there....

#4 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22171 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:30 PM

If you want to see how close the world came to a nuclear disaster only the Russians could create, watch the series Chernobyl!!  I saw it on Crave TV, it is a 6 part mini series. A real eye opener as to why some countries should not have anything nuclear at all.

Signature_Line_V4

#5 Wheatsack

Wheatsack

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • 7585 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 04:04 AM

If you want to see how close the world came to a nuclear disaster only the Russians could create, watch the series Chernobyl!!  I saw it on Crave TV, it is a 6 part mini series. A real eye opener as to why some countries should not have anything nuclear at all.

There have been a lot of 'nuclear acccidents'... Chernobyl probably the worst ...but lots in the USA... :unsure:

Peter................................................ f8....and be there....

#6 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22171 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 02 August 2019 - 05:32 PM

There have been a lot of 'nuclear acccidents'... Chernobyl probably the worst ...but lots in the USA... :unsure:

I remember 3 Mile Island.  

I am sure there is a story there!

That year, I went out for Halloween as a 3 Mile Island Nuclear Worker .... Lizard Head, Lab Coat and Tail..... green tail! It was hilarious.

Signature_Line_V4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users