• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Old Dog New Tricks

Old Dog New Tricks

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8228 posts
  • Interests:Scenic & Nature Photography, Travel, Cooking, Kayaking, Grandson and Granddaughter.

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:27 AM

My son and his wife (they married before he deployed), had their wedding on Saturday. I doubt he will forget his anniversary. Pop Pop's (that's what Jonathon calls me) main duty for the day was to keep track of the little guy. Both parents and his sister were in the wedding. It wasn't that hard as his dad calls him "Captain Velcro", especially when surrounded by strangers. Obviously I couldn't do a lot of photography with the little guy in my arms, so "She..." 's sister took over. Didn't have much time to brief her on the camera and flash so there were some that were pretty dark. She used both cameras and I was surprised that the ones from the Fuji recovered better in PP than the Nikon. I have to look at the settings??

Anyway here is a link to the shots we did get. Brian and Michelle's Big Day

I don't have any images with me to post on the page, so you will have to jump out to the gallery.

Jonathon went with the baby sitter after we ate, so "Pop Pop" had a good time, or at least that's what I was told the next morning, my memory of the rest of the evening is a bit vague. I might have a chemically induce case of Alchiemer's.

OD

Edit: I find more spelling mistakes after I post :o :wub:

Edited by Old Dog New Tricks, 07 July 2009 - 07:28 AM.

Posted Image

"Photography is man's attempt at immortality. To save our memories and share them. The places we have been, the people we have known, the things we have done. To share with others for eternity, or until the images fade away."

Shooting with
Film Nikon N60, N70(2), EM, Mamiya C-330, C-33, RB67
Digital Nikon D7100 D7000, Nikon D200(RIP), Fuji S3Pro(Retired)

#2 photojazz

photojazz

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19343 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photography, , More Photography, More Photography and now the Philadelphia Eagles.

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:43 AM

Fantastic OD. A very special day to be remembered forever. Pics show happiness and a well loving family. Thanks for sharing. One ???? Did you have a big head the next day????? The PlanetNikoneers want to know! :lol:

PhotoJazz - Just Capturing Life
PlanetNikon Member 141

Member of the following organizations:

American Society of Media Professionals

Fairmount Photo Club

NYI PhotoWorld Magazine

Photographic Society of Philadelphia

Philadelphia Photo League (PPL)

I photo-shoot with film, digital and medium format cameras, which includes the following:
Nikon D605, D200, F4E, F5, FE2 (Black & Silver), EM
Mamiya C330 Professional, M645 1000s, RB67
Bronica ETRSI

And I have some lenses.

C&C Is Always Welcome!!
New website coming soon!

#3 Old Dog New Tricks

Old Dog New Tricks

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • 8228 posts
  • Interests:Scenic & Nature Photography, Travel, Cooking, Kayaking, Grandson and Granddaughter.

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:00 AM

I was able to function just fine. It's been a while since I partied like that, but I still remember the strategies to get through the next day. Kory on the other hand is a late bloomer and was a bit squinty eyed the next morning. Of course Brian had 4 years at LeMoyne College and an overlapping 6 years with the Marines. Training put to good use! OD
Posted Image

"Photography is man's attempt at immortality. To save our memories and share them. The places we have been, the people we have known, the things we have done. To share with others for eternity, or until the images fade away."

Shooting with

#4 photojazz

photojazz

• Moderators
  • 19343 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photography, , More Photography, More Photography and now the Philadelphia Eagles.

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:30 AM

I am laughing and agree....hehheeeeee

PhotoJazz - Just Capturing Life
PlanetNikon Member 141

Member of the following organizations:

American Society of Media Professionals

Fairmount Photo Club

NYI PhotoWorld Magazine

Photographic Society of Philadelphia

Philadelphia Photo League (PPL)

I photo-shoot with film, digital and medium format cameras, which includes the following:
Nikon D605, D200, F4E, F5, FE2 (Black & Silver), EM
Mamiya C330 Professional, M645 1000s, RB67
Bronica ETRSI

And I have some lenses.

C&C Is Always Welcome!!
New website coming soon!

#5 kickstan

kickstan

Planet Guardian Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:photography, computers,

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:26 AM

Great pics Cliff, It's hard to take part in the event and try to photograph it as well. When I got married last year I spent most of the day with my D300 in my hand, my daughter took shots of the wife and I but I wanted to take shots of the party so I kept taking the camera off my daughter.( She loved the D300 as well and said if I get tired of it she would gladly take it off my hands - KIDS !!!! LOL)
Stan Nicholls

Nikon D300
Nikon 18-200 VR, 180 2.8, 50 1.8

Taking pictures is a craft...Photography is an art
I strive to be an artist

#6 Old Dog New Tricks

Old Dog New Tricks

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • 8228 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:26 AM

Thanks Stan, I have to watch my sister-in-law, she is partial to the D200. I was more in-tuned to the party aspect. Most of the pictures I took were at the church during the photography session. I had Captain Velcro for most of the event, not that I minded that. OD
Posted Image

Shooting with

#7 Old Dog New Tricks

Old Dog New Tricks

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • 8228 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:54 AM

I have been playing with some of the shots from last weekend. The first is a shot of "She..." I cropped it from a picture of her and her son. Did a masked Gaussian blur treatment and then a desaturation for mono conversion. A nice vignette and voila. Attached File  200907070069.jpg   184.27KB   1 downloads These two shots I put together to slide into my coffee mug. It has a clear casing with a removable bottom. I change out pictures of the Grandkids reqularly. Printed these two shots together. Attached File  ppwkids.jpg   371.21KB   0 downloads OD
Posted Image

Shooting with

#8 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 14326 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:57 AM

Nice job... and "she" will be happy with this one!

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group

Nikon D4, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#9 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 22562 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:19 PM

Great stuff ODNT I wish them the very best in life! Jim PS Seems like you had a good time too! :D

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

D700 w/MB-D10, D605 w/MB-D14, D200 w/MB-D200, D50, Coolpix P330.

Nikon 1 stuff: Nikon V1, Nikkor 10mm f2.8 pancake w/HN-N101 & HC-N101, Nikkor 10-30mm f3.5-5.6 w/HB-N101 Aspherical VR,, Nikkor 18.5mm f1.8 w/HB-N104, Nikon 1 FT-1, SB-N5 w/Polaroid Diffuser .

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D, Nikkor 18-35 f3.5-4.5 AF-D ED.

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Sigma 24-70 f2.8 EX DG HSM, Tamron's SP 70-200 f2.8 LD Di IF/Macro BIM, Kenko Pro 300 1.4 TC DGX, Tokina 100 f2.8D Macro At-X.

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users