• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 photojazz

photojazz

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19639 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photography, , More Photography, More Photography and now the Philadelphia Eagles.

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:48 AM

Mine is my 24mm 2.8 Nikkor lens at the moment. But I will load it on Der 300 and grab a few while the weather is nice and sunny this weekend.:)

PhotoJazz - Just Capturing Life
PlanetNikon Member 141

I photo-shoot with film, digital and medium format cameras, which includes the following:
Nikon D605, D200, F4E, F5, FE2 (Black & Silver), EM
Mamiya C330 Professional, M645 1000s, RB67
Bronica ETRSI

iPhone 8+
And I have some lenses.

Additional: Video editing with Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro X 10.4 and LumaFusion

C&C Is Always Welcome!!

#2 Peter

Peter

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

I have an old S.C. Nikkor 50mm f1.4 non-AI that has excellent glass but I hardly use it because it is non-AI and it cannot be officially converted and I do not want to hack it up just to get that functionality. So it sits in the camera cupboard, maybe waiting for an F or F2. Peter

#3 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 22135 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

#1 My 18-105mm DX VR stopped being used over a year ago when I first purchased a 300mm lens. #2 My 500mm reflex, occasionally gets some use but mostly sits in a case. #3 My once often used 80-300mm now sits on the F5 mostly. Sharpness is the culprit for #2 and not so much for number 3, but I like my 300mm better!
Signature_Line_V4

#4 Guest_chaswes5_*

Guest_chaswes5_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

All of my DX lenses. Keep an eye on the for sale thread.

#5 Donna

Donna

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2410 posts
  • Interests:Photography, gardening, reading, knitting, cooking/baking, exploration with my family..

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

All of my DX lenses. Keep an eye on the for sale thread.

I'll be watching and waiting! :)
I'm shooting with the D7100 and D60 as my back up.

AF-S Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G
AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
AF-S Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED
Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6
Tiffen UV Protector
Tiffen Circular Polarizer

#6 Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5342 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

My 50mm as I much prefer the 35mm - if i had a FX chipped camera it would be different but on a DX sensor it is my 'standard lens' for everyday shooting.
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him.

#7 Old Dog New Tricks

Old Dog New Tricks

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8381 posts
  • Interests:Scenic & Nature Photography, Travel, Cooking, Kayaking, Grandson and Granddaughter.

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

50 & 100 series E lenses
Posted Image

"Photography is man's attempt at immortality. To save our memories and share them. The places we have been, the people we have known, the things we have done. To share with others for eternity, or until the images fade away."

Shooting with
Film Nikon N60, N70(2), EM, Mamiya C-330, C-33, RB67
Digital Nikon D7100 D7000, Nikon D200(RIP), Fuji S3Pro(Retired)

#8 Gary Worrall

Gary Worrall

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • 6688 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:00 PM

My Ai 180 and Ai 50 I guess but since I have been experimenting with reversing stacked lenses, I have found a new use for them, especially the Ai 180, Ai 135, and Ai 35mm Regards, Gary

- I have a photographic memory but never got it developed -

#9 justshootit

justshootit

Deep Space Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4365 posts
  • Interests:Event photography, candids, getting photos of people at their best.

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:08 AM

105 Micro, 300/2.8 Tamron 400/4 All sweet glass that I just haven't had time to use with everything else I'm trying to accomplish (web design/developers certificate). Don
Don
==========================================================
Digital: D610 backed up by a D1x.  Quoted from an unknown source by a fellow planeteer, "Never get rid of a working D1x." I've got to agree.

Film: N90s, F3, F100, F4s, C330s. A few lenses.

Why film photography? I like shooting with the equipment. 6x6 Velvia slides from a C330 have an appeal all their own.

Why automated 35mm/Digital cameras? Event photography is about capturing moments. It often requires quick response. Well done automaton can be your friend or your enemy. It all depends on knowing what it can and can't do. "A man's got to know his (camera's) limitations." paraphrasing Dirty Harry...

#10 LightMeter

LightMeter

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2770 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy photography(of course)and I'm a gadget freak, especially if it can be used in photography.

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:34 PM

My 24 2.8AI I bought about 18 months ago. Other than test shots, I don't have any "real" shots from it yet. And my 50 1.4 SC I got a few months ago. It hasn't been AI modified yet, so I can only use it on most of my bodies with the K1 ext tube.

Bill

Still shooting DX digital and don't plan on going full frame.

D7100, D7000, D40, Canon M50, and a few 35mm film bodies

"I support capital punishment. Everyone in the capital should be punished".---Fred Sanford(Redd Foxx)

#11 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 24106 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:42 AM

My Nikon 100 f2.8E.

Jim

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

Nikon P900 Nikon P330

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#12 BrianS

BrianS

Planet Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Interests:Photography, camera collecting, "Hobbyist-level" camera repair

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:59 AM

Up until getting the Df- most of my Nikon SLR lenses have not been getting much use. When Kodak got out of the film processing business, I started shooting much more digital than film. Used Leica because they were closest to using a film camera in operation and worked with my older lenses, going back to 1934. With the Df bought recently, been putting a number of neglected lenses on the camera and using them. I have a lot of lenses, collected for over 40 years. I paid for the Leica M9, Leica Monochrom, and the Df by selling off some lenses- mostly rangefinder lenses, about half that I custom converted to Leica mount. Manual focus lenses were "dirt-Cheap" in the late 80s and 90s, when AF became popular. Now- they sell for several times what they used to.

Edited by BrianS, 21 February 2014 - 07:01 AM.

Nikkor-SC 5cm F1.5. And maybe 100 or so other Nikkor lenses. Maybe 60 of those are on Nikon cameras right now.

#13 Keith M

Keith M

Planet Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:31 AM

My 50mm f1.4 non AI or my 35mm f2.8 non AI both sit with the F waiting for me to load some film.

Hmm will work on the F3 as well so maybe I should shoot a roll again.

"First we have to make you pretty"

Pixels are like beans, it doesn't matter how many you put in the pot, it's how well you can cook that counts.

#14 photojazz

photojazz

• Moderators
  • 19639 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photography, , More Photography, More Photography and now the Philadelphia Eagles.

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:16 PM

Keith..shoot some film..shoot some film..shoot some film!

PlanetNikon Member 141

I photo-shoot with film, digital and medium format cameras, which includes the following:
Bronica ETRSI

iPhone 8+
And I have some lenses.

Additional: Video editing with Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro X 10.4 and LumaFusion

C&C Is Always Welcome!!

#15 annette

annette

Planet Citizen Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:wildlife,nature,people and rust.

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:01 PM

Who said he doesn't use his Tamron 300mm ? I want it ,for a friend.

My most neglected one is my 14-24. It comes only out when I get asked to do real estate shots. Too awkward outdoors. 

Non AI is not a problem. I have used them all on D1h to D4. Only needs 5 minutes with a file or Dremel.

#16 Arlon

Arlon

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2765 posts
  • Interests:Just about anything as long as it's outside.

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:38 PM

Probably the 50mm F1.4, such a neat lens but I always seem to grab the AF version. I also neglect the 25-50mm F4. Another really neat lens that sits for ever on a shelf waiting to be taken out for a walk. Too many lenses and not enough time to use all of them.

large.jpg

D50, D90, D100 IR, D700, D800E and a bunch of old manual lenses..
D70 IR (stolen), D200 (stolen)

#17 Jimmy

Jimmy

Planet Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • Interests:Family,
    Music & Photography

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:45 AM

In the moment it is the ais 85mm F1.4

Often I jump from 50mm directly to 105mm.

Nikon D750

Kerlee, 35mm f/1.2 | Lensbaby, Velvet 56mm f/1.6 Macro 1:2 | Voigtländer, Nokton SL-II-S 58 mm f/ 1.4
Zenit, Petzval 58mm f/1.9 BC | Lensbaby, Velvet 85mm f/1.8 Macro 1:2 | Mitakon, Creator 135mm f/2.8 VII

#18 annette

annette

Planet Citizen Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:04 PM

I'm the same as Jimmy. Now a lady wants to buy it of me, I find myself using it again. Jimmy, what do you say? Sell or keep?

#19 justshootit

justshootit

Deep Space Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4365 posts
  • Interests:Event photography, candids, getting photos of people at their best.

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:09 PM

Who said he doesn't use his Tamron 300mm ? I want it ,for a friend.
My most neglected one is my 14-24. It comes only out when I get asked to do real estate shots. Too awkward outdoors. 
Non AI is not a problem. I have used them all on D1h to D4. Only needs 5 minutes with a file or Dremel.

That was me -- it's a Nikkor 300/2.8 and a Tamron 400/4, both of which I used to shoot the air show in September. Sorry ;)

As far as the 85/1.4, I've got the f/1.8 version and it's one of my most used lenses. That on the D1x set to ISO-3200 gave me the ability to shoot around a campfire without any additional light. On a D3 or better, it'd do great!! My vote is to keep the 85/1.4.
Don
==========================================================
Digital: D610 backed up by a D1x.  Quoted from an unknown source by a fellow planeteer, "Never get rid of a working D1x." I've got to agree.

Film: N90s, F3, F100, F4s, C330s. A few lenses.

Why film photography? I like shooting with the equipment. 6x6 Velvia slides from a C330 have an appeal all their own.

Why automated 35mm/Digital cameras? Event photography is about capturing moments. It often requires quick response. Well done automaton can be your friend or your enemy. It all depends on knowing what it can and can't do. "A man's got to know his (camera's) limitations." paraphrasing Dirty Harry...

#20 annette

annette

Planet Citizen Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:03 AM

Point taken,Don. I have decided last night I'm not selling it. Used it recently and since we are moving much closer to the equator where night drops at 5.45 pm the latest, I'll need it. It even comes in handy on a D4 :)

#21 Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • 5342 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:01 PM

In the two years since this thread started and I commented my most neglected lens has changed a little - I haven't used my Sigma 10-20mm in ages.

It is one of those lenses that you need to get your eye in to achieve a good shot from it and if you stop using it for even a short while you stop seeing the images it can take as you're walking around. 

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him.

#22 photojazz

photojazz

• Moderators
  • 19639 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:23 AM

My Sigma 55-200mm DX lens that goes with my D200 setup. May take both to the First Friday Art/Photog event this week. Rain is forecasted.

PlanetNikon Member 141

Bronica ETRSI

iPhone 8+
And I have some lenses.

C&C Is Always Welcome!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users