• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20951 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:34 PM

We went to Creemore Ontario, this weekend.  My wife and friends.  Part of the trip was taken up with a tour of the Creemore Beer facility and BEER after!

We went last year, but missed the tour, this year, we got in and toured the facility and learned a little bit about making beer.  Very cool place, may post some of the pics in another thread.  Hilite of the day ... BEER!

FREE BEER.  Doesn't get any better.

Creemore has a very interesting story behind it.... if you are interested, look here:

https://en.wikipedia...reemore_Springs

I am not a fan of their beer, per say.  I still prefer Mill Street Organic lager over anything I have tried anywhere, and I have tried many, everywhere!  :lol:

A shot of the 5 oz shot samplers.

Attached File  Beer-Sampler(1800px)CFx.jpg   152.55KB   0 downloads

Signature_Line_V4

#2 Wheatsack

Wheatsack

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6951 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:01 AM

Ooooh Aaaah Beer... I have only ever come across one beer that I don't like Art :rolleyes: :rolleyes:... hopefully you will never come across it 'Rex Bad Attitude' by Yeastie Boys (NZ brew)  ;) 

Peter................................................ f8....and be there....

#3 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20951 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:50 AM

I have never heard of it, Peter. Local?

I kinda feel the same way about Guinness.

Color turns me off.
Taste does nothing for me either.

Ok, pour on the abuse....
:lol:
Signature_Line_V4

#4 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • 7061 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:22 AM

Sounds like you had a good time, Art. Hic!  :lol:

I'm an India Pale Ale fan, myself.  :)

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#5 Peter

Peter

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1183 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:23 PM

Nice shot Art. Check out Block3 in St. Jacobs. They do an excellent brew called King Street Saison. Have a look at your local LCBO - they might have some. It is not cheap but I would rather spend my money on it than any of the horse p!$$ produced by Molson-Coors/Labatts and their affiliates.

Peter

#6 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20951 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 01:20 PM

Sounds like you had a good time, Art. Hic!  :lol:

I'm an India Pale Ale fan, myself.  :)

We always have a good time in Creemore, quaint little town.

Signature_Line_V4

#7 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20951 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 01:22 PM

Nice shot Art. Check out Block3 in St. Jacobs. They do an excellent brew called King Street Saison. Have a look at your local LCBO - they might have some. It is not cheap but I would rather spend my money on it than any of the horse p!$$ produced by Molson-Coors/Labatts and their affiliates.

Peter

I still really like Mill Street Organic, can't remember the last time I had anything from Molson's-Coors, much less Labatt's.

Thanks, will try to find them next time I go to the LCBO.  The one near us is typically well stocked.

Signature_Line_V4

#8 Peter

Peter

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1183 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:13 PM

I still really like Mill Street Organic, can't remember the last time I had anything from Molson's-Coors, much less Labatt's.

Thanks, will try to find them next time I go to the LCBO.  The one near us is typically well stocked.

I like the Mill Street 100th Meridian Organic. Had a couple pints last year at the Royal Winter Fair.

#9 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20951 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:11 PM

I like the Mill Street 100th Meridian Organic. Had a couple pints last year at the Royal Winter Fair.

Never seen it, will give it a go if I can find it.

Signature_Line_V4

#10 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 23467 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:53 AM

Sounds like a fun day, Ive never heard of either brand to be honest but we dont get a lot of specialty beers down here.

Jim

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

Nikon P900 Nikon P330

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#11 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20951 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:07 AM

Sounds like a fun day, Ive never heard of either brand to be honest but we dont get a lot of specialty beers down here.

Jim

Southern Ontario seems to have a love for micro breweries.  The amount of different beers is substantial.  Guess we drink a lot of beer.

Mill Street is one of those companies.  Mill Street Brewery started out in Toronto.  I have posted some images of what is called the Distillery District, in Downtown Toronto and I typically shoot some part of the restaurant/brewery location.  It eventually got very big and very good and was bought out by one of the faceless corporations.

Unfortunately, I really like the beer, so I keep buying it.  Haven't found any Lager that comes close, for my taste buds.

The current owner is Anheuser-Busch InBev.  Ask the local beer store to bring some in, if you like Lager.  You may be pleasantly surprised.  

There are so many beers around, hard to keep track, so I am not surprised you have not heard of it.

Signature_Line_V4

#12 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • 7061 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:36 AM

Southern Ontario seems to have a love for micro breweries.  The amount of different beers is substantial.  Guess we drink a lot of beer.

Mill Street is one of those companies.  Mill Street Brewery started out in Toronto.  I have posted some images of what is called the Distillery District, in Downtown Toronto and I typically shoot some part of the restaurant/brewery location.  It eventually got very big and very good and was bought out by one of the faceless corporations.

Unfortunately, I really like the beer, so I keep buying it.  Haven't found any Lager that comes close, for my taste buds.

The current owner is Anheuser-Busch InBev.  Ask the local beer store to bring some in, if you like Lager.  You may be pleasantly surprised.  

There are so many beers around, hard to keep track, so I am not surprised you have not heard of it.

Micro breweries also seems to be a fast growing industry, right here in Port Moody.  We have 4 them, right across from our major park.

The recent arrival of rapid transit means that it is only a 20 minute ride from downtown Vancouver to Port Moody.  The reputation of our breweries means a lot of business from folks in downtown Vancouver.  Now, they're attracting attention from California and Oregon-based brewery tour operators.  :)

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#13 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20951 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:11 PM

Micro breweries also seems to be a fast growing industry, right here in Port Moody.  We have 4 them, right across from our major park.

The recent arrival of rapid transit means that it is only a 20 minute ride from downtown Vancouver to Port Moody.  The reputation of our breweries means a lot of business from folks in downtown Vancouver.  Now, they're attracting attention from California and Oregon-based brewery tour operators.  :)

Its a funny phenomena, I don't quite understand it.  The majority of the micro brewery beer, I don't really like.  On the whole, there is an after taste I am not fond of and there is much less carbonation, which I love in a beer.

Perhaps, in the way I like Mill Street, they all have one particular beer someone loves.  As long as they have something for everyone, well, you have a popular industry.

We have gone to quite a few micro breweries over the years and I have sampled more than my share.  Only found one beer I like.

As for the "brands", I don't know if it is because the numbers are more substantial, I find I can easily drink many different types of beer.  More so, than the micro brewery stuff.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

I also drink a lot of non alcoholic beer, especially when I am the designated driver.  I have come to like Prohibition Bud!  Don't laugh at me and don't judge me!! :lol:

Warm, OMG....OMG it tastes just AWFUL.  Full stop.

Very, very cold, it is not too bad.  And, it is ZERO alcohol.

Signature_Line_V4

#14 winclk

winclk

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1848 posts
  • Interests:Photography and Grandkids

Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:36 AM

I'm not much of a beer expert...basically Bud and Miller drinker...but Art I like those tiny beer glasses...Do they sell the glasses?

Robin

Amateur Photographer--Hoping to upgrade my status one day

#15 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20951 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:19 PM

I'm not much of a beer expert...basically Bud and Miller drinker...but Art I like those tiny beer glasses...Do they sell the glasses?

Yes, they do. I think they are about $4 each.  3oz glasses.  We were going to buy 6 when we walked in and decided to get them on the way out and .... FORGOT!!  :lol:

Next time.  

I don't know if they ship, but you can try... .contact info...

CREEMORE SPRINGS BREWERY

139 MILL STREET
CREEMORE, ONTARIO, CANADA
L0M 1G0
TEL: 1-844-887-3022

THEFOLKS@CREEMORESPRINGS.COM

FAX: 705-466-3306

GENERAL INQUIRIES: THEFOLKS@CREEMORESPRINGS.COM
RETAIL STORE AND TOURS: RETAIL@CREEMORESPRINGS.COM
ON-PREMISE CUSTOMER INQUIRIES: ORDERDESK@CREEMORESPRINGS.COM
HUMAN RESOURCE: APPLY@CREEMORESPRINGS.COM
COMMUNITY EXPERIENCE: HEATHER HARDING HEATHER.HARDING@CREEMORESPRINGS.COM
EVENTS & SPONSORSHIPS: EVENTS@CREEMORESPRINGS.COM
MARKETING: ANNA POSCH ANNA.POSCH@CREEMORESPRINGS.COM

Signature_Line_V4

#16 Peter

Peter

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1183 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 08:35 PM

Art,

I had a couple pints of Mill Street Organic last Friday night at Montana's. It was very good. :D

Peter

• Art likes this

#17 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20951 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 10:51 PM

Art,

I had a couple pints of Mill Street Organic last Friday night at Montana's. It was very good. :D

Peter

Get you hooked on it too!

Very smooth beer, no after taste.  Try it next time with a shot of Lime Cordial.  Ask for it on the side, pour to taste, maybe start with 1/2 a shot.

I really like this beer.

Signature_Line_V4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users