• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LightMeter

LightMeter

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2497 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy photography(of course)and I'm a gadget freak, especially if it can be used in photography.

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:21 AM

My Photoshop Elements 11 is a few years old and will only open RAW files from the older cameras. I downloaded for free Adobe RAW to DNG converter. I haven't tried the D7100 yet, but it worked with D5300 files. I've always been a JPEG shooter because I hate post processing and like to get it right in the camera. But I can see myself shooting both and only using a RAW file if I can't process it like I want with the JPEG.Such as a badly over or underexposed image. I'm happy because I don't have to buy new software to shoot RAW with all the cameras :-)

Bill

Still shooting DX digital and don't plan on going full frame.

D7100, red D5300, IR converted D300,  D40, D70s, Olympus C-5060 P&S from 2003, and a few 35mm film bodies

"I support capital punishment. Everyone in the capital should be punished".---Fred Sanford(Redd Foxx)

#2 justshootit

justshootit

Deep Space Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts
  • Interests:Event photography, candids, getting photos of people at their best.

Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:01 PM

I was doing this for a while with the D610 and LR 3.6 for PC. Worked perfectly.

I went to LR CC Classic on the Mac, but I still can still go back to the old system if I ever have to process on the PC in an emergency.
Don
==========================================================
Digital: D610 backed up by a D1x.  Quoted from an unknown source by a fellow planeteer, "Never get rid of a working D1x." I've got to agree.

Film: N90s, F3, F100, F4s, C330s. A few lenses.

Why film photography? I like shooting with the equipment. 6x6 Velvia slides from a C330 have an appeal all their own.

Why automated 35mm/Digital cameras? Event photography is about capturing moments. It often requires quick response. Well done automaton can be your friend or your enemy. It all depends on knowing what it can and can't do. "A man's got to know his (camera's) limitations." paraphrasing Dirty Harry...

#3 Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5342 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 02:44 AM

There is no such thing as 'getting it right in camera.'

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users