DxO NIK

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_chaswes5_*

Guest_chaswes5_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:24 AM

Has anyone tried this software? I believe Art may have posted about it.  I inadvertently deleted my old NIK software.  I am trying out the new French version now. So far, I like it.  I do not see a lot of difference, but it seems to run more smoothly on my iMac. Also one can use the control point technology in RAW.  I don't believe this was a feature under the original and Google versions.  I will check out the tutorials soon.

#2 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7219 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 08 July 2018 - 01:23 PM

Also one can use the control point technology in RAW.  I don't believe this was a feature under the original and Google versions. 

Hi Charles,

To answer your original question:  No, I haven't tried this version.  I'm still running the original version on my iMac, and if it ain't broke, I'm not going to try to fix it.  I thought about trying the free trial on the MacBook Pro that I recently bought, but Art's previous comments gave me pause.  I'm going to use that for editing while on holidays and tethered shooting, so I'm not sure that I would use it enough to justify the $69 USD cost.

I was very intrigued by your quote about RAW.  Are you referring to RAW files; or can users now use control points within LR or PS?  Even if it is only RAW files, not having to convert to TIF or another format is a welcome improvement.  :)

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users