Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#2 Leaviathan

Leaviathan

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1397 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Musician-bass, guitar, piano, lap steel, percussion. Audio Engineer-software & hardware platforms.

Posted 13 March 2019 - 05:55 PM

I'm looking forward to it!

Nikon D-3300 18-55 VRII, 1971 Nikkor 135mm Q-Auto, Tamron 70-300 AF. Not much! But I'm working on mastering what I do have.

#3 Wheatsack

Wheatsack

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7311 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:56 PM

A strange rumour I would think ... I can't see why Nikon would put a DX sensor in the new Z body.. and have to start a whole new series of lenses for the smaller sensor... they have near given up producing DX lenses for the mirror bodies..some time back. Sure FX lenses would work fine but ?? Unless the DX mirrorless is a smaller body... with the bigger lens mount...?? I can certainly see them putting a larger sensor in the Z body/lens mount... not a smaller one. :rolleyes: :huh:

Peter................................................ f8....and be there....

#4 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21682 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:46 PM

Why?

I hope they don't.  I think their road map should be nothing but Z and only Z and leave it at that.

Have some really solid body offerings and make two lines of lenses, Pro and Consumer and move on.

Signature_Line_V4

#5 Leaviathan

Leaviathan

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1397 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Musician-bass, guitar, piano, lap steel, percussion. Audio Engineer-software & hardware platforms.

Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:45 PM

Why?

I hope they don't.  I think their road map should be nothing but Z and only Z and leave it at that.

Have some really solid body offerings and make two lines of lenses, Pro and Consumer and move on.

Then lose most of your customers to Canon, Sony and Fuji who's putting out affordable mirrorless cameras. I think if someone can afford a Z body they can also afford the nice lenses.

Nikon D-3300 18-55 VRII, 1971 Nikkor 135mm Q-Auto, Tamron 70-300 AF. Not much! But I'm working on mastering what I do have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users