Black Pearl

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5342 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:37 AM

New lenses announced:

http://photorumors.c...ses/#more-81619
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him.

#2 james23p

james23p

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23589 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:58 AM

Did I read this right they are making micro 4/3 compatibility mounts!! Seems more and more 3 rd party lens makers are making m4/3.

I also see Nikon 1 that is also interesting the APS versions are less surprising.

Jim

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

Nikon P900 Nikon P330

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#3 Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • 5342 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:37 AM

Looks like a good range of mounts will be offered, which would make sense if you want to sell lots and keep the price down.

The basic ones are cheap as chips thought that 0.95 is a little more pricey - still or outrageous mind you.

#4 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 23589 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Posted 27 May 2016 - 04:12 AM

Wow the one I want is the 50 f2 that gives me a 100 f2 FoV portrait lens so MF is actually a benefit is only 80$, wow plus I love the old Nikon style focusing ring.

Jim

Nikon P900 Nikon P330

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#5 Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • 5342 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 04:21 AM

The only issue I can see is the aperture ring turns the wrong way which might be irritating but otherwise they look a bargain and offer another option which is never a bad thing.

#6 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21230 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:24 PM

Nice to see.

I wonder why no one has made a 300 or 400mm lens for the mirrorless .... that I know of. Or, an adapter that will allow me to put ANY lens on the darn things!

The 2.7 multiplier is simply awesome, why not exploit it.

I would kill to put my 200-400mm on the J4.  Even be able to add my 1.4TC!!!!

I would have a 1512mm lens at f5.6.  Raise you hand if you would like to see this! :lol: 

There would be a Nikon 1 camera and FT-1 adapter in EVERY SINGLE camera bag of every Nikon owner.  I guess, this is a scary proposition to a failing company!

Signature_Line_V4

#7 Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • 5342 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:21 PM

I've never understood why Nikon or even Sigma (they used to do one in film days) haven't made a 400mm DX lens. It could be a f5.6 so not mega expensive and because its a crop lens it would be small and because most zooms go to 300mm it would sell by the bucket load to all the people who want a bit more but not have to mortgage their homes.

As to mirrorless I think they've got it into their heads that its a small system and people want smalls o just don't think big - long in effect.

#8 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21230 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:09 PM

Idiots.

I would by the right camera in a heart beat.  The caveat being of course, my Lenses have to work with it!!  

I really don't understand how their focus groups don't feed this cr@p back to them.  Or they do, and the morons don't listen.  

Nikon can be a really good stupid company.

mind you, they did make this:

http://www.bhphotovi...s=REG&A=details

A very expensive proposition, but a nice lens.  A buddy has it, he is happy with it.

Signature_Line_V4

#9 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 23589 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 10:49 PM

That's my issue with the One System very pricey for consumer grad lens no truly fast primes. They never laid out a clear roadmap or I would still be shooting with them. That lens is nice but a $1000 geesh and they crippled the flash system now if the new Nikon DL which is let's be fair a One camera in a point and shoot can have 1.8 to 2.8 lens and use the normal Nikon speed lights why not the one system. For a 1000$ you can now have most of the One system in one camera in the 24-500 DL add the 18-50 DL and you have a complete fast One system for 1850$ think on that oh and you can use your speed lights you already have.

Olympus has a complete lineup as does Panasonic making m4/3 the ideal small system Fuji and Sony compete in the APS mirror less world plus Sony also in FF.

Nikon makes great stuff but they seem to be losing ground except the D500 which I got to try today wow I mean wow fastest camera I've ever used that includes the D4 I got to use.

Jim

Nikon P900 Nikon P330

#10 Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • 5342 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:28 AM

A thousand dollars for a 70-300mm - are they out of their minds?!?!?!?!?!

See - that is what we were discussing on the other thread about Nikon's future.

If you make a camera for a given market you need to produce GOOD lenses for THAT market or what are the owners going to put on it. Art I realise your friend has bought one of these but I'm pretty confident the typical Nikon 1 owner will not be investing in a $1000 lens to go with their (typically) $200-$500 family camera.

• Art likes this

#11 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 23589 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 04:17 PM

I know it seems we are being hard on Nikon but for some of us this is tough love!  Most of us truly love our Nikon's new and old and hate to see them flounder. Again the D500 was a huge jump in DX sensor cameras probably one of the best if not the best out there. The Nikon One had promise they just didn't come up with a true roadmap for it too many models not enough glass.

I am sure Nikon will come up with some great stuff but will I be able to afford it that is the question.

Jim

PS someday when it is really out of date I am going to own a Nikon Df! :D

• Art likes this

Nikon P900 Nikon P330

#12 Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • 5342 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 03:36 AM

That is 'The Question' James.

Can the average Nikon user afford to buy Nikon products? 

#13 gr8330

gr8330

Planet Citizen Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:23 PM

I've owned a few Nikon bodies, crop and full frame and quite a few Nikon lenses. I recently sold the last setup and am now shooting with a Olympus OM-D E-M1 and three Olympus lenses. Im really enjoying the quality of pictures Im getting and also the size and light weight plus the money spent isn't very much compared to what I would spend on the Nikon equivalent. The problem this has caused is that Im not aggressively looking for another Nikon setup. I personally think Nikon should cut out a lot of product and come up with a good roadmap. I as a consumer need to see a direction to be confident enough to purchase new products. 

Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users